Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Starcaster Bass
£450

neepheid

[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,]2013 Fender Starcaster bass. Only bought December last year, in as new condition, gigged once. Short scale 30", semi-hollow (centre block), 2 Fender Wide Range pickups, VVTT, pickup selector. Bass is surprisingly hefty and substantial for a semi-hollow. Will include a gig bag (admittedly not generously padded) which actually fits the bass - it's quite hard to find suitable gig bags for hollowbody bass guitars and Fender don't provide one with the bass when you buy it.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,]These are around £680 new, so looking for £450 plus postage. No offers, please.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,] [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,] [/font][/color]

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1403393044' post='2482396']
How come you are letting this go so soon?
[/quote]

I crashed my car a couple of weeks ago, most likely a write off (insurance company taking their sweet time to make that decision), so need to raise some funds to help with a replacement :(

There will probably be at least one more sale, think I'll have to let my G&L El Toro go as well, but we'll see.

Edited by neepheid

I had a go on one of these yesturday and was really impressed. Totally different to your usual Fender, a great range of sounds and a nice neck. Sorry to hear about the car GLWTS.

Edited by NoirBass

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1403909895' post='2487748']
Neep, I'm interested in how the front strap button is fixed on the top horn? On my Coronado it's on the neck heel at a right angle to the neck. I'd change mine, but there's nowt to fix in at the horn.
[/quote]

I couldn't tell you with any certainty, but I assume there is a small block of wood in the end of the horn for the strap button to screw into, in much the same way that in the fully hollow Jack Casady, there is a small block so that the bridge has something to be screwed into.

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1403910569' post='2487752']
Really considering a semi but funds say no, unless you'll take a trade with some £, I am local.
[/quote]

I'd love to oblige, but as I said earlier in the thread I'm raising funds for a replacement car, so I can't do any trades at this time, sorry.

How local is local? Just being nosy :)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1403912145' post='2487769']
I couldn't tell you with any certainty, but I assume there is a small block of wood in the end of the horn for the strap button to screw into, in much the same way that in the fully hollow Jack Casady, there is a small block so that the bridge has something to be screwed into.
[/quote]

I think I'll just have to live with the button where it is <_<

If your Starcaster is finished and plays anywhere as good as my Coronado, then it will be a treat for the new owner. I know we can't comment (too much) on seller's prices, but there's a great line in The Simpsons where Homer says 'I've got prices so low, you'll think I'm suffering from brain damage!'

A seriously nice bass at a great price :)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1403912430' post='2487774']

I'd love to oblige, but as I said earlier in the thread I'm raising funds for a replacement car, so I can't do any trades at this time, sorry.

How local is local? Just being nosy :)
[/quote]

Nae probs min! I stay in Mintlaw and work in Dyce. Information which may prove useful in the future due to my ever changing opinion of my and other peoples gear lol!