Why become a member? ×

Back to normality then..

niceguyhomer

Just got home from my hols last night and was catching up when I noticed there's a lot of new members and it's great stuff :huh: We'll have to resurrect the "Show your faces" thread.

Bit depressing to see a lot of gear not moving though, a sign of the times I supppose :) - anyway, good to be back on the board.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='240598' date='Jul 16 2008, 09:06 AM']Sheer bliss - we had a fantastic time thanks - looking forward to going back in October :)[/quote]
Hooray! More holiday! I finally booked my first holiday for almost 2 years yeaterday, off to a villa in Rhodes at the beginning of October. It took almost 3 hours to book the flights because EVERY website had "technical difficulties" just as I came to pay. Think that meant the flights didn't actually exist but Thomson came to the rescue via First Choice...

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='240586' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:41 AM']Just got home from my hols last night and was catching up when I noticed there's a lot of new members and it's great stuff :huh: We'll have to resurrect the "Show your faces" thread.

Bit depressing to see a lot of gear not moving though, a sign of the times I supppose :) - anyway, good to be back on the board.[/quote]
Good to see you back Homer!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='240586' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:41 AM']Bit depressing to see a lot of gear not moving though, a sign of the times I supppose :) - anyway, good to be back on the board.[/quote]

Hey trust me, If someone had what i wanted i would buy it! I actually have money for a change where no one else has!

Rob.

I've seen two or three basses in the last couple of weeks that I would've bought if I could justify having them. Unfortunately I've got a holiday that isn't paid for yet and a tax bill to settle at the end of the month - July's always my weakest gear-buying month.

I'm also torn between buying another 4-banger or buying an upright. I don't think an upright will fit in my car, but I need a new car anyway. :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='240586' date='Jul 16 2008, 08:41 AM']Just got home from my hols last night and was catching up when I noticed there's a lot of new members and it's great stuff :huh: We'll have to resurrect the "Show your faces" thread.

Bit depressing to see a lot of gear not moving though, a sign of the times I supppose :) - anyway, good to be back on the board.[/quote]
If there's a man to get some movement going in the 'For Sale' section, t'is you Alan. :huh:

Agree with you on the site - people seem to have got their sense of humour back.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='241307' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:19 PM']Hey Al, welcome home & hope you had a great time! (Sounds like it, anyway!)

How did you cope with not being able to GAS for basses for such a prolonged period?? :)

Rich.[/quote]

D'ya know what, I thought I'd struggle but kept myself occupied for the duration with a Telecaster and an old Eko 12 stringer which my mate left at the villa. I want a Tele now :huh:

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='241316' date='Jul 16 2008, 10:27 PM']If there's a man to get some movement going in the 'For Sale' section, t'is you Alan. :huh:

Agree with you on the site - people seem to have got their sense of humour back.[/quote]

My birthday this weekend, wallet's at the ready :huh: Yeh - much better atmosphere on here now - seems to have livened up too.

[quote name='Mike' post='241374' date='Jul 16 2008, 11:19 PM']Ah, a holiday - that explains the slump in the market then! Hope you had a good one![/quote]

I did thanks Mike :huh:

Edited by niceguyhomer