Why become a member? ×

Am I missing something? Why did I sell mine cheap!

The same bass is for sale under the same user name, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/233459-three-basses-for-sale-2-fender-jazz-1-ibanez/"]right here[/url] on Basschat, so we are talking about a fellow member here. Just sayin'.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1396645374' post='2416116']
The same bass is for sale under the same user name, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/233459-three-basses-for-sale-2-fender-jazz-1-ibanez/"]right here[/url] on Basschat, so we are talking about a fellow member here. Just sayin'.
[/quote]

So are we expected to let it pass because of that?

If the Basschat community thinks he's asking too much then I'd have thought he'd want to know.

If he wasn't a bass chatter I'd be saying that the seller was hoping for someone to come along on E-bay who didn't know any better.
[size=4](Sorry seller, but that is what I'd think).[/size]

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1396651715' post='2416230']
Think they were updated from Highway 1 to Highway One in 2006, ie a second version. Think the second version had graphite rods in the neck but to be honest can't be arsed looking it up. :blush:
Maybe tomorrow.
[/quote]

I believe it's when they started putting the 'greasbucket' electronics in instead of a typical tone circuit. Mine is 2006 and I know it's the first year they introduced it (still no real idea what it actually does mind) but I think that drives a slightly higher price for them. I paid £415 plus a clapped out epiphone for mine, also I think trans finishes sere introduced in 2006 but might have to look it up

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1396645374' post='2416116']
[/quote]
Yes, but a fellow member with no posts other than the one selling the bass in question... I don't think anyone should take offence at a fairly unanimous opinion that it's over-priced whether its on eBay or here to be honest. It might just be an innocent mistake, which can easily be rectified.

Although my dad always told me that something is ultimately worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1398077611' post='2430102']
Tbf, this is in perfect condition (all bar a few blemishes) and he lost the pick guard..... This surely has to be worth £500<?! ;)
[/quote]

It originally had a £2000 buy it now!