Why become a member? ×

Satellite P bass for £13.06!

Please tell me it was someone from BC who won the eBay auction tonight for a nice looking natural finish P bass, in need of new strings (spares or repair in the mind of the seller, based on the description) at £13.06!!!!

Item no : 271433323529

Edited by The Admiral

These ain't great, but that's a deal!

Korean-made, splintery off-cut body, rubbish hardware - however I had one of these (Gumtree, £40, mainly for the DiMarzio Model P it came with) and after a good clean, fret dress, new hardware & setup, it played really nicely. Would've sounded great too, if I'd left the DiMarzio in it. :lol:

Same sort of thing as the Kay P copies, Korean-made rather than Taiwanese. I've had a couple of car boot Kays, and they were surprisingly OK after a bit of fettling.

These old Shatellites are really the same as any other cheapo - poor quality materials & components, most of them are junk but there's the (very) occasional playable one.

J.

[quote name='Kempy535' timestamp='1396452285' post='2413842']
I had a statellite Les Paul copy and it really was the biggest pile for crap ever. Not even or firewood
[/quote]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1396453293' post='2413861']
Many years ago a friend had a Satellite guitar - we would joke how it should be "set alight"...
[/quote]

There's a law against burning these as they release too many toxic substance when set on fire.