Why become a member? ×

Tony Franklin Fretless Precision - *SOLD*
£1100

Legion

I'll sort some pictures later (or tomorrow) but this is a very early example in sunburst with the headstock signed by Tony Franklin himself. I'm pretty sure this, and the SZ7***** serial number means it is one of the first 50 off the production line when this bass was introduced.

Its all in standard trim, including D tuner, excellect condition with only scuffing of the pickguard and one small impression dent on the back. Original case in good condition. The neck has yellowed nicely over the last 7 years so it doesn't have that anemic look thats common.

Plays and sounds great, not much more to say really. Oh, the weight is just over the 9lbs mark and the bass has an unusually robust feel about it. Not sure if thats the weight or what, but it feels indestructible compared to the other TF's I've owned.

*SOLD*

Jas

Edited by Legion

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1395988915' post='2408621']
I drive to Suffolk AND to Swindon. Let me know if I can help
[/quote]
Now that's a very generous offer, thanks :)
[quote name='Risk101' timestamp='1395987983' post='2408618']
Very nice indeed. Are there fret markers along the neck?
Thanks.
[/quote]
There are dots on the neck at the fret position which I find completely natural to use, here's a quick picture to demonstrate:

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1395988915' post='2408621']
I drive to Suffolk AND to Swindon. Let me know if I can help
[/quote]
A very generous offer indeed, but the drive would be for a try-out. I rarely depart from my try-before-you-buy rule!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1396092527' post='2409834']
Wonderful basses. I have a 2007 model too and as Gareth says, the build quality is equal to an Custom Shop Fender I've played.

I'd be quite tempted to buy this and have it fretted. It would be sacrilegious though.
[/quote]
I've been known to have the same thought - although I wouldn't do it this one:)