Why become a member? ×

sold acme low B series 2 cab
£300

kevvo66

Rare as hens teeth 4ohm cab cut through the mix with ease. 2 guitarists and a drummer in my band mint condition the more power you put through it the more it comes into it's own for trades really on other lighweight cabs it built like a tank £300.00 now with new roqsolid dust cover thrown in

Edited by kevvo66

Hiya matey I ran my mate's orange head the other day at rehearsals and I killed the 2 guitarist and drummer they told me to turn it down as it was hurting the vocalist ears so yeap it loud acme say 350 watt as guide but used sensibly perhaps 500 watt head I usually run it with my Warwick profet 3.2 thats 300 watts. I live in Nantwich

Edited by kevvo66

here's the specs if it helps

http://www.acmebass.com/pdf/b2.pdf

In my experience the more juice you put into Acme cabs the better. Very hi-fi sounding. Amazing for double bass and supposedly really good with low B strings on electric 5'ers

First ever cabs including the old Acoustic 301 that I have to roll the bottom end off at the amp to get my sound!

Studio Monitor style frequency response - ie almost completely flat from about 20hz to 20Khz. Very, very uncoloured sound which I love. If you're used to cabs with a distinctive "voice" then they can be difficult to get used to at first.

All the info at [url="http://acmebass.com/#/home"]http://acmebass.com/#/home[/url]

Cheers

Ed

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1394058010' post='2387574']
I got one of these two weeks ago - amazing cabs! :)
[/quote]

I sold one of these 2 weeks ago, I'll 2nd that comment, truly amazing cabs :), I only sold mine for something tube transportable :)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1394058248' post='2387579']
I sold one of these 2 weeks ago, I'll 2nd that comment, truly amazing cabs :), I only sold mine for something tube transportable :)
[/quote] :D

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1394061688' post='2387636']
Are you saying don't it sell then people I'm having my doubts about letting it go now
[/quote] I think ambient let his go for the specific reason that he needed something small enough to take on the tube. Other than that I do wonder what you're replacing it with....

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1394102376' post='2387891']
Hi Can you explain the two controls on the back plate,as the web site does not mention them,Thanks Rich :)
[/quote]
[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1394114313' post='2388056']
I'm not entirely sure myself to be honest with you sorry about that sure someone will enlighten us both[/quote]

Taken from the Owner's Manual, available here...

[url="http://www.acmebass.com/pdf/Series%20II%20Manual%20with%20Cover.pdf"]Acme Sound Series II Manual...[/url]

[quote]
[size=4][font=sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Attenuators[/font][/font]
[font=sans-serif]The attenuators which control the output levels of the midrange and tweeter on the Low B systems are calibrated on the back panels in dB of attenuation. Some customers have called in confusion, commenting that they seem to be backwards. A typical amplifier will have level controls marked 1 through 10.‚ The higher the number, the louder the sound. A level control calibrated in dB of attenuation seems different - zero attenuation can be considered full-blast.‚[/font]
[font=sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Physically, both schemes result in highest output when turned to maximum clockwise position. The operation of the two differently calibrated level controls is, in practice, the same. It is only the markings [/font][/font][font=sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]on the dial which are different. The attenuators on your Low B speaker operate just as any level controls.[/font][/font]
[font=sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]They are simply marked, or calibrated, in the opposite fashion. Zero dB of attenuation is synonymous with maximum output[/font].[/quote][/font][/size]
Hope this helps...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1394099296' post='2387832']
After bit advice been offered epifani ul112 what are they like never used one myself or should I keep the acme any ideas please
[/quote] what are you looking for? Bigger cabs are available, louder cabs are available, lighter cabs are available, [s]cabs with bigger bottom are...[/s] so it kinda depends why you're thinking of selling the ACME.

I'm after something compact with more balls I just can't figure the acme out I would if I kept it I'd like add another cab but have not clue what to add cab wise I like my ashdown 414t but it's just to heavy me plus if I added a second cab would it damage the acme?

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1394102376' post='2387891']
Hi Can you explain the two controls on the back plate,as the web site does not mention them,Thanks Rich :)
[/quote]

The Acme really is the ultimate cab (in my opinion), I really only sold mine because I needed something I could carry on the train and the tube.

The 2 controls on the rear are attenuators for the mid range driver and the hi range tweeter. You can basically adjust the levels of each to 'tune' the cab so that it sounds how you want it to. Set at 2 o'clock and 5 o'clock the cab is essentially flat.

It reproduces low notes better than any cab I've ever heard or played through, hence the name 'low B'.

There's a lot of stuff said about Acme's that they need a lot of power, and are insensitive. The reality though is that the designer is just a bit more honest with his specs than most other designers, he tells you what the specs actually are, other's tell you what they would like them to be on their products.

I used my 4 ohm cab with both a Markbass LM2 and an ATS head, both were plenty loud enough.

Edited by ambient