Why become a member? ×

Zon Sonus 4 w tiger maple top - NOW SOLD

Brother Jones

I've considered selling this bass before, but have withdrawn it because I enjoy playing it so much. It now really has to go, as I have terrible GAS for a Precision and I've had to face an agonising choice between selling this or my Sadowsky Jazz.

It's a swamp ash body (I think...) with a tiger maple top, 24 fret carbon fibre neck and phenowood board. Pups are Bartolini Jazzes and the preamp is the custom option, with treble, bass and a rather helpful semi-parametric mid with three switchable frequencies for cut/boost. You can also tweak the preamp output level from a mini-pot in the electronics cavity. It sounds quite jazz-y, maybe a bit sweeter and a bit tighter.

The action on these is phenomenally low - possibly the lowest I've ever used - and the neck is very, very fast. It's in absolutely mint condition and has nary a scratch nor ding on it. It has absolutely no issues whatsoever and is very well put together.

£900 OVNO. I don't drive, so buyer would need to collect from London/Surrey area please.

Thanks.

*EDIT - Sorry guys, bought myself a sunburst/rosewood/tort Jap '62 Precision on a whim at the weekend, so no longer open to trades on this. However, price reduced from £1100 to £900. If it doesn't sell for that I will withdraw it.

Edited by Brother Jones

Oh, Brother a Zon!!

What do you think of this P?

[attachment=10521:DSCN1105.JPG]

PM me if you want to talk.....I promised myself I'd keep this, everyone should have a Pbass....but that's a Zon.

BB

Edit - more up to date photo, 70's look

[attachment=10549:DSCN1153.JPG][attachment=10550:DSCN1155.JPG]

Edited by BassBod

[quote name='ianrunci' post='244000' date='Jul 20 2008, 07:35 PM']Looks a lot like a Warwick this[/quote]

I've never ever made the comparison... but seeing as how I owned this bass and would dearly love it back (finances are in check unless I sell my bike), maybe you see more than I do :)

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='246528' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:17 AM']Came close to a deal. Other party pulled out, leaving me feeling unfulfilled. Cough.

I'll try to post some soundclips this w/end (if I can find that pesky 3.5mm adapter) so you can hear how much better this is than a Warwick (no offence, etc...)

Bump[/quote]
Depends which Warwick we're talking about I s'pose. Sweet bass though - wish I had the cash.

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='254807' date='Aug 4 2008, 07:55 PM']Bumping - sorry but no longer open to trades. I have a Precision now... :huh:

Oh and price reduced by £200. :)[/quote]

Just checking - price is now £700?

How's the neck balance?

I have a headless Zon which is perfect but I've often thought traditional Zon heads look quite bulky and might make them a bit neck heavy?

[quote name='molan' post='254814' date='Aug 4 2008, 08:07 PM']Just checking - price is now £700?

How's the neck balance?

I have a headless Zon which is perfect but I've often thought traditional Zon heads look quite bulky and might make them a bit neck heavy?[/quote]

Um, no - price was £1100. Now £900. Apols for confusion chaps.

They are anything but neck heavy. Perhaps because it's carbon fibre, the headstock is light relative to its size. I've just put new strings on this baby and I'm LOVING it.

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='255120' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:01 AM']I see in the original post that you prefer local pickup, but would you consider shipping?[/quote]

Nope... I bear the scars from an unhappy shipping experience a few years ago and will not be using that method ever again. Sorry!