Why become a member? ×

Hologram 12' discs. They didn't really take off did they?

Only vaguely related, I recently got Robert Plant's Band of Joy on vinyl - sign of the times as it was obvioulsy recorded with CD length in mind as the vinyl is on three sides. Really nice etching on side 4 - not quite a hologram though!

Edited by Mykesbass

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1391547120' post='2358515']
Thanks. I got a 12'' of 'Fighting for the earth' by Warrior. (awful) It was purchased 2nd hand. Looked ok(clear with space image)
I just didn't know how to display it
[/quote]
Why don't you smash up the vinyl? All the broken pieces will then have the complete image in all the little bits. Make some shape ( getting a bit Blue Peter here) and frame it, put a light in front of it so you can see it better and then think "Why did I bother?".

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1391671231' post='2359880']
Paradise Theatre by any chance? I have that one too.
[/quote]

Yep, thats the one. Actually its not that bad, i can listen to it now, but back then i wasn't really in to that tripe of music.
I also had True Colours by Split Enz album, for the same reason.

Back then i used to like buying this sort of thing, and it did help get me in to music i might not have bothered with.

What's the point? - record collectors paying for multiple copies of the same music.

Picture discs don't sound as good as black vinyl and are designed to be looked at rather than listened too.

I think I bought Iron Maiden's Bring your daughter to the slaughter picture disc before I had a turntable, because I liked the artwork. Live and learn, don't you?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1391547044' post='2358514']
I'm having a Spinal Tap moment here...
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] Yes, no wonder they didn't take off - you couldn't get the player into the house.[/size]
[size=4]Edit: Or indeed the discs, of course.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1391696319' post='2360295']
There is that ;) but who would buy warrior soul?
[/quote]

Yeah they kind of disappeared, I remember Kerrang building them up to be the next big thing and then slagging them off when they started getting recognition.