Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1435087763' post='2805392']

I got over excited... but apart from that I have no idea. Although I don't currently have a 5 string...
[/quote]

Me too... I am looking forward to it though.

I think the main problem is going to be if its actually any good... In which case I'm liable to have this thread permantly open and buying Harley Benton deko basses could become a problem.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1435088059' post='2805394']
Me too... I am looking forward to it though.

I think the main problem is going to be if its actually any good... In which case I'm liable to have this thread permantly open and buying Harley Benton deko basses could become a problem.
[/quote]

There's just 2 more things I want.
Black Jazz (for the body)
7 or 8 string guitar.

Surely the answer to WHY is they were £25 and £33 :D

Good news is Thomann really seem to be on the ball just now. I put an order in on Saturday and got it today,now they finish
at 16.00 on Saturday and don't work Sunday so 2.5 working days Germany to Scotland.

That's fast. You fellas could have them by Friday.

That's the spirit Rob.

I really hope the deko reason is minor as you pair gave me the jolt needed to play my own. There was a wireless unit and a
padded strap from Thomann arrived today so the PJ 4 with chromes did the honours.

What a great comfortable bass to play. Most of my dekos only needed a truss rod tweek and the JB-75 had a faulty tone pot so
fingers crossed you have similar.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1435094868' post='2805500']
What went up AT ?

I don't see anything other than the baby Warwick,Banjo and Reso.
[/quote]

Around 7.20 pm there were PJ 4 and 5 stringers. From earlier the site indicated 7 decos but you could only see the 3 you mentioned, then around 7.24 the PJ's were available. When I looked (and thought do I need another one?) they were all still available too.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1435094868' post='2805500']
What went up AT ?

I don't see anything other than the baby Warwick,Banjo and Reso.
[/quote]

The PJ5 and PJ4 from earlier were still on the main list, but clicking through revealed that they were 'sold out'. When I opened up my computer, my program thought they were new ones (it doesn't click through) and notified me. Given the speed that Dekos disappear, I posted first and asked questions later.

TLDR; they were the same ones from 5pm.

Edited by Annoying Twit

Congratulations on your shipping confirmations.

These are the places that I was at between somewhere after 4pm and when I got home at 10:20pm.

[url="http://www.swanandrushes.co.uk"]http://www.swanandrushes.co.uk[/url]

[url="http://www.kayalrestaurant.com"]http://www.kayalrestaurant.com[/url]

I'm going to be pretty damn busy at work today, and out this evening as well. Please can everyone keep their eyes on the prize^H^H^H^H dekos.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1435127711' post='2805634']
I'm going to be pretty damn busy at work today, and out this evening as well. Please can everyone keep their eyes on the prize^H^H^H^H dekos.
[/quote]

I have the page open in my browser at work but I'm starting to think I may have to ban myself....

I'm terribly impulsive and liable to end up with hundreds of basses and guitars I don't really need or have space for :blink:

...especially as I just reviewed some stuff and have a 20euro thomann voucher :blink: My clicking finger is poised should they post anything interesting today.

Edited by CamdenRob