Why become a member? ×

Thomann selling Harley Benton basses as 'Decoration only'

Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1447268649' post='2906324']
The page format seems to have changed. I can't see a green in stock or red sold out.

EDIT: It's "on request". People who have order those before have received them.
[/quote]

Got my prog that way. A popup on the Deko page says the following. Presumably the factory do the rejecting and send batches to Thomann, who probably never unbox anything:

[color=#a52a2a][b]"on request[/b]
Our supplier has not yet provided us with an expected delivery date. Kindly contact us for further thomann information or to see if we have a B-Stock or suitable alternative available."[/color]

Now there's a four string left handed progressive deko, in addition to the five string. They are now "only a small number..." instead of being "on request".

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_b_450lh_bk_progressive_deko.htm"]http://www.thomann.d...essive_deko.htm[/url]

With the lefty acoustic, the left handed among us are quite well sorted for dekos at the moment.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_b_30bk_lh_deko.htm

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1447571364' post='2908550']
No interest? And all three lefties are still available. Have our left handed players left this thread?
[/quote]

Expect the market is flooded with lefties now, sure there will be loads on a certain Newquay based sellers site, all 'New Other'.....

i fiinally got and unplayable deko come through a PJ-4 HTR. MASSIVE dead spot on the 1st and 2nd fret on the D and G looks like the neck has a hump just there, but the body is perfect and is missing the D stamp! so gona be looking for a neck. anyone know what the ones on ebay are like that come from china, there about £30! (£10 more than the deko bass but still cheap and come in maple!)

I missed out on a Jazz yesterday and am gutted :(

I'll still keep on looking though because I'm keen to get a Jazz and turn it into something like a Troy Van Leeuwen jazzmaster.........but a jazz bass :D

Also.........how does everyone manage to get one of these basses? When I'm on my laptop I only seem to see 4 instruments available and the page never updates, my mobile is the only device that actually see's the new stock. I've tried clearing my cache, but still the page doesn't update....

Edited by Jonesy

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1448016870' post='2912271']
Also.........how does everyone manage to get one of these basses? When I'm on my laptop I only seem to see 4 instruments available and the page never updates, my mobile is the only device that actually see's the new stock. I've tried clearing my cache, but still the page doesn't update....
[/quote]

Set your laptop to the mobile page, it does not need to be a mobile device to view it.

[url="https://m.thomann.de/gb/decorative_guitars_and_basses.html"]https://m.thomann.de...and_basses.html[/url]

[quote name='Jonesy' timestamp='1448019620' post='2912315']
Hahahaha, sneaky!!! I don't suppose you mind sharing what app you use? I installed page monitor into chrome the other week to see if that'd let me know about any updates, but with no luck =(

Just seen that a few of the PJ HTR deluxe's have gone too, damn!!!
[/quote]

It's actully the one in chrome, it just gives a little green notification in the corner, then let's you see what's changed by highlighting things green for new and red for removed

[quote name='Andytre' timestamp='1448041196' post='2912664']
Little update on my PJ HTR with the horrible dead spots, put in a new nut and some set up and now it's fully playable, the actions only a little bit higher than I like but it'll do for what I want! Next is to swap out the horrific scratchplate!
[/quote]

Both of my deko basses (yes, only two so far) had awful setup when I received them. However, a deko 12 string guitar I bought for someone else was spot on.

[quote name='Andytre' timestamp='1448041181' post='2912662']
they seem to be popping up mid morning now days!
[/quote]

My JB-75NA came up Saturday midnight and I snatched it immediateeeellly I was looking all day every day for a week and it happened! Great bass me happy!

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1448089793' post='2912943']

That looks really nice. I think Thomann should sell those as well. Surely it wouldn't cost them much to do so.

Do you also have a jazz bass with a precision neck?
[/quote]

Sold the jazz body as the P neck was a banana with knackered truss rod.