Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a cab

JamesBass

So I'm looking to get a new amp in the coming days potentially, looks like an Ashdown CTM300 but I need a cab to go with it, any recommendations out there? I'd prefer second hand for budget reasons but could stretch to a £1000 budget. Weight isn't the issue more ease of transporting, so what should I be looking at?

A serious amp like that needs a serious cab!

I'd get the Bergantino NV412 that's for sale on BC, if you consider that transportable.
basschat.co.uk/topic/221252-bergantino-nv412-bass-cab-cover/page__pid__2332881#entry2332881
Also check out the Barefaced '69er, but it comes in over a grand delivered

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1389819133' post='2338353']
A serious amp like that needs a serious cab!

I'd get the Bergantino NV412 that's for sale on BC, if you consider that transportable.
Also check out the Barefaced '69er
[/quote]
Been looking at the '69er, just don't have the finances to outlay on a new one, nor the waiting time ideally. Might check that berg out now, it'd be rude not too ;)

Think about bassists - local, in pubs/clubs - whose tone you like. Then think about their gear, then look into the options from that brand. It`s how I ended up with Markbass gear - though have to admit the weight, or lack of, was a big contribution. I loved the tone every time I heard it.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1389912058' post='2339588']
I have an obscure 100w valve head. If you need any info on the '69er, feel free to ask here or on PM
[/quote]

The Bootle-Bumtrinket is a boat in 'My Family And Other Animals' by Gerald Durrell, and I claim my £5. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1389912995' post='2339602']

The Bootle-Bumtrinket is a boat in 'My Family And Other Animals' by Gerald Durrell, and I claim my £5. :)
[/quote]

You are correct, sir; a book I read for the first time recently. Now, just to confuse everyone, I'm going to change my member title again.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1389915789' post='2339639']
You are correct, sir; a book I read for the first time recently. Now, just to confuse everyone, I'm going to change my member title again.
[/quote]

Damn, I thought that may happen. I should have sent you a PM instead. :(
However, I have no idea what your new member title is about so it should be safe. :)

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1389990282' post='2340411']
Been offered a Laney Richter 410 on the cheap, will this be ok to pair up with my CTM300? If only for the short term?
[/quote]

So long as you dont go mad with the master volume and/or low EQ boost as your amp has enough power to toast those drivers - but should be plenty loud enough before you get to that point.

You will want to be very careful with that Laney cab and a CTM 300. The CTM puts our a huge amount of low end and will toast the drivers in that cab very quickly if you aren't suuuuuper careful!

The Ashdown CL series cabs (particularly the 610 and 412) sounds amazing with the CTM. I currently use an ABM610 and it still sounds the mutt's nuts!