Why become a member? ×

Think I am a Fender fan boy

Thunderbird

Well I have played Fenders in the past and never really been blown away thought they were nice though but recently I had an itch for a Fender this is because I was playing my Vintage V4 P bass and loving it so it gave me a Fender itch so I bought a Fender from the forum and it has really blown me away I like everything about it :) I have been through about 10 basses in the past year and`never really found I could get on with for various reasons but the Fender just fits like a glove so I am well chuffed and am actually enjoying playing again and my knackered hands are not in too much pain with the Fender :) so I am thinking I have become a Fender fan boy lol am now gonna sell some more stuff and save for another as a back up lol :)

I'm a big Fender fan and I always have been.

All my bass heroes played Fender's, they were used on nearly all my favourite records and I have owned one since I was 19.

I just haven't found a Fender 5 string that I prefer over the competition.

Just like the OP, for me and Fenders it was a case of 'finding the one'. I have lots of basses, all nice in their own way and all get used, but nothing is quite the same as my Precision. Took a lot of Fenders to get there - you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince - but I am so pleased to have one that always makes me smile.

It would seem that there are many players who have been around the bass block and finally found peace in the simplicity of a P-bass.

Being eternally drawn towards greater simplicity, I appreciate that. I can see the attraction.

Somebody posted this on Basschat a while ago. I had never been attracted to P-basses, but this definitely gave me GAS in that unfamiliar territory ...
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoVfamlcbYo[/media]

Edited by Fionn

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1388921211' post='2327566']
I have always played a Fender Precision and have absolutely no interest in playing anything else. :D
[/quote]

+1 million!

If only they would bring out a '57 RI with VINTAGE CORRECT 1 5/8 nut width!! I love everything about '57 style basses except the ridiculously wide fretboards.

Where did 1 3/4 even come from? :)

I have been through far too many basses since finding bass forums! But despite some beautiful instruments coming and going, I just seem to be happiest with Fender. For me they work aesthetically, and just fit me well. I am a big chap and anything else just feels and looks a bit like a toy on me. I love my Roscoe Beck V and the only basses I have GAS for at the moment are Fenders, particularly a custom shop relic.

Glad you have found something that fits you and suits you well. I am no Fender fan-boy, I have played some stinkers in the past USA standards most recently, but when you get a good one, they really can sing. I once played a mexican 50's precision and it was faultless, it resonated more than any other bass I have ever played and I regret it to this day not taking it home from the shop.