Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Endless knobbing.

beerdragon

[quote name='Toasted' post='230300' date='Jul 1 2008, 08:57 AM']That site made me laugh almost as much as Sw[i][/i]ankbox :)[/quote]

amen to that!

It's brilliantly tongue-in-cheek, "Large, small, fat or thin, we believe that all knobs deserve a good shine" gotta love that!

I've always wanted a site that can turn my dream knob into a shining pillar of hard, glistening reality! lol!

Has anyone actually had any knobs made yet?

[quote name='ahpook' post='230754' date='Jul 1 2008, 06:24 PM']a fool and his money...[/quote]

yeah yeah, i know, £35 per knob's hideously excessive...but if you're spending serious money on a top bo**ocks custom bass, then you might blow the expense and get some platinum, jewel encrusted knobs merely cos you can!

I know, if money was no object, I'd go crazygonuts and get 'em!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='230763' date='Jul 1 2008, 06:33 PM']I know, if money was no object, I'd go crazygonuts and get 'em![/quote]

Really? Assuming they were valueless so were giving them away for free, would you actually want to add that extra weight to your bass?

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='230763' date='Jul 1 2008, 06:33 PM']but if you're spending serious money on a top bo**ocks custom bass, then you might blow the expense and get some platinum, jewel encrusted knobs merely cos you can![/quote]

i wouldn't...it's a bit tacky imho.

Edited by ahpook

Why not make your own? Length of aluminium round bar, some grub screws, a pillar drill, and a Dremel (or Dremel clone of extreme cheapness) to do the fancy engraving. If you want a knob you can actually turn with sweaty mitts, get some heatshrink tubing of an adequate diameter and stick that over your knob, then heat it up and shrink it.

[quote name='tauzero' post='232120' date='Jul 3 2008, 04:27 PM']get some heatshrink tubing of an adequate diameter and stick that over your knob, then heat it up and shrink it.[/quote]

I had a problem a bit like that, I discovered around puberty, had to have surgery.