Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton 'Playboy Collector's Pack'

Annoying Twit

Extremely tacky IMO, but at about £150 per guitar they're not very expensive.

I don't see them being a hugely sought after item at the moment, but I'm seeing guitars that were cr*p when new 30 years ago being sold for silly money nowadays, so who knows...

I worked in a guitar shop back in the very late 80s. I remember a rep coming to show us a bunch of guitars and most of them had really tacky images of mostly naked women on them. There was also another which had a sort of 3D pyramid finish, which was actually quite cool. The thing is, I am fairly sure the guitars were Roscoes.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1388557674' post='2323392']
I worked in a guitar shop back in the very late 80s. I remember a rep coming to show us a bunch of guitars and most of them had really tacky images of mostly naked women on them. There was also another which had a sort of 3D pyramid finish, which was actually quite cool. The thing is, I am fairly sure the guitars were Roscoes.
[/quote]

I don't remember Roscoe doing them, but then I don't remember what I had for dinner two days ago either, so you're probably right. :)

Hondo certainly did an Explorer copy with that finish:

It didn't look anything like that. It looked like a desert landscape, dotted with 3d looking pyramids, all in shades of blue. I can't find anything that looks anything like it.

Edit: The closest thing I can find is this:

Imagine a blue background that goes off into the distance, dotted with pyramids that look like that, but all in metallic colours.

Edited by KingBollock