Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sadowsky Metro M5 Price

bazzagringo

Hi Guys n Girls, I'm new to Basschat and I wanted to ask the forum members about the price of a Sadowsky Metro M5 I have seen. I am considering one of these basses. I have seen one in Manchester Bass Lounge.co.uk. It's in Black and it's described as Mint Unplayed. I have rang them and have just dropped the price to £1595 which is £1000 off RRP. I don't know much about Sadowsky and they seem very scarce in the UK, do members reckon that's a good price?

I'd say that's a decent price. Prices for metro's have gone up steadily, most metro's seem in to be in the region of £2300 retail, but with a street price of £1800-1900. Sadowsky make excellent instruments - they have the NYC models which are made in the New York and are very expensive and the more affordable (rapidly getting less so!) Metro models which are made in Japan, but also of a very high quality. Sadowsky's hold their value very well in the used market, so its a safe bet at that price as you could sell used for £1200 ish.

I'd say that was a decent price for retail as they would normally be marked up for closer to £2000 plus.

Not knocked-out by some of the set-ups for these type of basses, so go and play it and get an idea of how you can tweak it should you want to.

I also agree, that I'd offer lower than that price...but then I would also be thinking why they would discount it as such...

Deffo go and see it... you could end up with a bass that plays above what you paid for it.

Do not get carried away on the name. There are some really good budget instruments out there, so this kind of money needs to be getting you something that feels really special and right for you. In my opinion you need to go and spend time with the bass, check it out thoroughly before arriving at a decision. It sounds like a reasonably fair price for this instrument, but remember it is a buyers market and cash is king, so do not be afraid to offer a little under the asking price.

Edited by leroydiamond

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1385751519' post='2291902']
I'd add that Drew at MBL is a joy to deal with. Genuinely interested in talking bass.
[/quote]

+1 ...I met him at the North West Guitar Show. Lovely bloke who knows his stuff.

I had a very brief fondle of a Sadowsky jazz recently (belonging to a fellow Basschatter) and it was gorgeous. Very light and beautifully made. I'd snap one up at that price if I was in the market for one... And had the money to burn ;)

[quote name='bazzagringo' timestamp='1386184577' post='2296919']
Hey Folks, Thanks a lot for the advice, Very much appreciated. However the funds set aside for the Sadowsky have to now be diverted to Mothercare :) erm patter of tiny feet and all that :) So if anyone out there wants to buy the Sadowsky seeing as I cannot now....... fill yer boots.
[/quote] Congratulations :)

[quote name='bazzagringo' timestamp='1385741887' post='2291767']
Hi Guys n Girls, I'm new to Basschat and I wanted to ask the forum members about the price of a Sadowsky Metro M5 I have seen. I am considering one of these basses. I have seen one in Manchester Bass Lounge.co.uk. It's in Black and it's described as Mint Unplayed. I have rang them and have just dropped the price to £1595 which is £1000 off RRP. I don't know much about Sadowsky and they seem very scarce in the UK, do members reckon that's a good price?
[/quote]

I spent 4+ hours at the bass lounge yesterday! (We were having our Alpher bass reviewed by BGM)

I tried almost every bass in there, including the Sadowsky in question! First impressions were excellent!! Nice, light weight, great feel and action. For that money it would be high on my list!! I have had many sadowsky basses and this one is a great example!

:)

The M5 metros are very good, it's not dependant from batch to batch, All metros I've played are great.
Mine is my first bass for nearly everything. And I know this will be a bass that will acquired that kind of Mojo after years... as my main one.

Edited by flychris