Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* - Mods Please Delete
£450

nick

[color=#ff0000][b]*SOLD* - Mods Please Delete[/b][/color]

[b]2004 Fender CIJ '62 Reissue Precision for sale[/b]

In a lovely shade of vintage orangey fiesta red - possibly a salmon pink(?) , Fender 4-ply tortoise shell pickguard, with spiral saddle 'vintage' correct bridge.
Upgrades:[list]
[*]Seymour Duncan 'Vintage' SPB-1 pickup
[*]CTS Pots & switchcraft jack socket
[*]PIO tone cap
[*]Fender bridge & pickup covers
[*]Tuners upgraded to Fender USA 'Highway One' type.
[/list]
Bass is in great condition, with no noticeable dinks. Only defect is a small chip in the lacquer down in recess of neck pocket, with is difficult to spot anyway.

The neck is good, with no issues - finished in a cool vintage tint colour. It's a nice player, comfortable & not too chunky, basically a good '62 profile. No wear to the thin vintage style frets, would guess from their condition that this bass has always had flats on it. It's currently strung with nice thumpy 45-105 Status flats with a low to medium action, but can put a set of 45-105 Fender nickel rounds on if buyer prefers.

Genuine reason for sale... I already have an old Tokai that I can't part with, which although just as good as this '62 RI (IMHO) I can't justify having two P-Basses at the moment, plus I need the money towards another purchase. So sorry no trades please :) ...
This has the big P-Bass tone & classy looks at a bargain price. Whoever bags this bas in their Christmas stocking will be happy with it.

Location is Bristol/Bath area, but happy to post anywhere in UK or Europe if needed. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like any more info.
Thanks

[url="http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/nickonbass69/media/fender_zpse0b8d337.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by nick

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1385319282' post='2286863']
That's nice, what is the nut width?
[/quote]

Thanks... it's a standard '62 width, just a shade under 1.75".

Edited by nick

[quote name='Noisyjon' timestamp='1385387358' post='2287580']
Very, very nice.
Are you up for a trade at all Nick?
[/quote]

Thanks, it is quite a special bass this one :)
Really after cash TBH, and I'm pretty much sorted for everything I need...what were thinking trade wise?

[quote name='Hank' timestamp='1385591324' post='2290173']
How does the neck compare to a USA Precision?
[/quote]

If you're talking current USA standard...from what I recall the '62 neck is a little wider,though less thick, and with a rounder fretboard profile & vintage thin frets.

Hope you don't mind me asking, did the bass originally have the vintage reverse tuners with the long tuning posts? were the highway one types a direct replacement or were there extra screw holes needed? Many thanks.

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1385650787' post='2290700']
Hope you don't mind me asking, did the bass originally have the vintage reverse tuners with the long tuning posts? were the highway one types a direct replacement or were there extra screw holes needed? Many thanks.
[/quote]

The bass didn't originally have reverse tuners. The better more stable Highway One replacements didn't require any additional screw holes to be fitted either.

My one and only P bass, I would gladly have this back if I had the cash :), this bass is light with a lovely neck and I only sold it because I was in money bother at the time.
bump for a great bass

Edited by lee650