Why become a member? ×

What to do when you got mardy neighbours?

Prime_BASS

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1383732400' post='2268186']
Sorry to be a petty pooper but I'm with the complainant on this one. Peace and quiet at home is something I value highly. It really is no effort to use headphones.

I had to go and face off my work shy neversweat of a noisy neighbour at 2 in the morning a few days ago - pissed up and rowing with the fat nightmare he lives with. Not being one to mince words he's been quiet as a mouse since. I expect being told by a bloke in a monkey onsie that he's going to tear your head off and sh*t down your neck is a pretty scary thing !
[/quote]

See this is where the 'like' button would again be great.

I can hear my neighbours tv, its funny how people think that is acceptable,
but a guitar at the same volume is not,
i think the tv, the god/preacher in the corner of the room that all furniture is faced toward it, waiting for its sermon,
has become part of the subconscious, constant background indoctrination.
Because you think differently and want to LEARN something different, others (neighbours) will be forced to listen to it
because it is different, and not their normal background humdrum.
Excuse them, for they can not think any other way, ;)
Get some headphones.

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1383732400' post='2268186']
Sorry to be a petty pooper but I'm with the complainant on this one. Peace and quiet at home is something I value highly. It really is no effort to use headphones.

I had to go and face off my work shy neversweat of a noisy neighbour at 2 in the morning a few days ago - pissed up and rowing with the fat nightmare he lives with. Not being one to mince words he's been quiet as a mouse since. I expect being told by a bloke in a monkey onsie that he's going to tear your head off and sh*t down your neck is a pretty scary thing !
[/quote]

:lol: Brilliant!

I live in a terrace house in student land.

When I practise at home I sometimes use h/phones but more usually no amp at all.

Every year I get a new bunch of students next door. I have learnt that it is best to get to know each other and discuss noise levels.
Most years this has worked well.

This year I have one student learning guitar, acoustic. After three hours of one chord it was getting on my nerves. I just mentioned it to him in passing and he was apologetic
and no more problems. Another one is learning bass. I told him that when I practised at home I didn't use my amp. He took this on board and no more problems.

On a more humourus note a few years ago I had some particularly obnoxious and noisy students who refused to reduce noise levels. Even though I had young children
who needed their sleep.

My revenge was to set up my PA and bass amp with a set of Moog Taurus bass pedals on a timer switch set to go at 3am for twenty minutes every day while I was on holiday.

I return from hols to be met by noisy neighbours. They had a change of view and we agreed on sensible noise levels and timings.

Great result I thought.

However when I went into my lounge to my surprise/shock I found that virtually everything had fallen off shelves.

Everything has its price.

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1383773126' post='2269040']My revenge was to set up my PA and bass amp with a set of Moog Taurus bass pedals on a timer switch set to go at 3am for twenty minutes every day while I was on holiday....However when I went into my lounge to my surprise/shock I found that virtually everything had fallen off shelves. Everything has its price.[/quote]

:lol: Gotta love the Moog Taurus.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1383651701' post='2266963']
[size=4]It makes me laugh when people have their car stereos way too loud. Their attitude is, 'check out what I'm into, isn't it great?'[/size]
[size=4]But it's never Mozart, is it?? [/size] :D
[/quote]

I have heard someone on a Goldwing riding along to the strains of "Ride of the Valkyries". Wagner, not Mozart, but a not dissimilar principal.