Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRX530

skydivepaul

So I was all sorted..................or I thought I was!!!!

Got my mind set on a Jazz bass either new (modern player) or pre owned for around £400
Was also considering a squier modified series 70's style, sunburst, block inlays etc.

I was in Machester today and called into Dawsons to have a look at their bass range especially the JB's when I saw this.........

wow this thing looks even better in real life, unfortunatley didnt get time to try it out.

Does anyone on here have any experience of the these basses.

My first bass was an Ibanez GSR200 and it is my main bass that I play, so in general I like the Ibanez bass range.
I really wanted a fender but now I have seen this I am not so sure. It makes the Fender look a bit dull !

That's where I work.

That bass really shocked me too.

I've been off for a week, and I'd not had chance to tweak it, but it is a wicked bass.

My favourite ibanez in the current range.

Would love to see it in some vintage metallics, but that sunburst is ace is.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1383648837' post='2266922']
It suits the standard soundgear body shape, but on a fender-ish style body it doesn't look right at all.
[/quote]

It looks to me like the SRX530 the same shape as the other Soundgear models but with the addition of edge binding. I suppose the addition of the scratchplate is a bit of a nod to older designs like Fender.

[quote name='muttley' timestamp='1383649254' post='2266932']
It looks to me like the SRX530 the same shape as the other Soundgear models but with the addition of edge binding. I suppose the addition of the scratchplate is a bit of a nod to older designs like Fender.
[/quote]

yeah, its maybe not the body shape so much as the styling. Binding + sunburst + tort just screams "fender" to me. Bet it sounds good though, I'd like to see one in the flesh to see if I could live with the headstock.

• 2 weeks later...