Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330193406' post='1554044']
Our horn section, who are reprobates and alcoholics. But they can play, so that's OK.

The waistcoats?? ...I know.
That particular sartorial experiment was deemed a failure. Thank God.
[/quote]

Surely that could have been predicted without actually having to do it?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330193406' post='1554044']
Our horn section, who are reprobates and alcoholics. But they can play, so that's OK.

The waistcoats?? ...I know.
That particular sartorial experiment was deemed a failure. Thank God.
[/quote]

I like them! :lol: .. The nearest my band current band has got to this was one week I wore the same primal scream t as my drummer .. I noticed before getting out of my car and promptly swapped it. I did play in a band with a "uniform" for years though .. I quite liked it as it made picking what to wear at your gig far simpler.

Just scoured the web for some pics of the band trying to find a decent one of myself and found this ...

[IMG]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/tony_char/cherrybombz.jpg[/IMG]

... :lol: It took a few seconds to realise this wasn't actually me .. a few weeks ago I let one of our "fans / groupies" play for one tune as it was her birthday ... I've found more photos of her than I could of myself!

All I could find was this ..

[IMG]http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h352/tony_char/dt.jpg[/IMG]

... perhaps I need to get myself a pair of Leather leggings :lol:

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1330200796' post='1554161']
...I quite liked it as it made picking what to wear at your gig far simpler.
[/quote]

I always wear black trousers, shiny shoes and black shirt... low profile, me. But the bloody brass section now wear primary-colour zoot suits, complete with hats, spats, the lot. I'll get some pics up. It looks like a Jim Carrey 'The Mask' fan club. :blink:

This is me, not a good shot at all, It was a couple of years ago in the cellar of V&R on Denmark St, I was checking out John Entwistle's Mint '60 Blonde stack knob, and thought the occasion deserved a photo!! (Yes, I am quite sad eh! :happy: ) I was busy trying to explain how the camera worked, when it took the pic. I was too embarrassed to ask him to take another!! :blush:

[attachment=101014:DSCF02881.jpg]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330217654' post='1554349']
What, John Entwistle took the pic?
[/quote]

No, sadly, he passed away about 5 years prior to this pic. V&R had several of his basses they were tasked with selling. I'd arranged to view the '60 Jazz.

This is now very dull and no doubt disappointing, I may edit this post later with a "Yes, we were great friends" reply instead!! :P

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330216319' post='1554328']
.. the bloody brass section now wear primary-colour zoot suits, complete with hats, spats, the lot. I'll get some pics up. It looks like a Jim Carrey 'The Mask' fan club. :blink:
[/quote]
:lol: Make sure you do .. sounds pretty hideous! That photo I put up has just got me in trouble with the wife ... "I thought you didn't let anybody touch your gear" ... I don't think "yeah, but she had t*ts?" was the correct answer :D ha ha