Why become a member? ×

New Wal Day (next April)

franzbassist

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1380716451' post='2229377']
Hi Phil

funded by my Mum and Mrs Walbassist.

[/quote]

Just spotted a guy on the forum mulling over selling his Tacoma Thunderchief Fretless 5 and I've always wanted one of those. Don't 'spose your Mum and Mrs. have caught the bass buying habit have they? They missed my 50th birthday too (by err, four years).

I think some people rhyme WAL with Wally because the founder's name was Ian Waller, and I believe that's how he pronounced his own name.

I tend to rhyme WAL with valley, because it works for me and (unfortunately) I never got to meet Ian Waller.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1380725464' post='2229598']
I think some people rhyme WAL with Wally because the founder's name was Ian Waller, and I believe that's how he pronounced his own name.

I tend to rhyme WAL with valley, because it works for me and (unfortunately) I never got to meet Ian Waller.
[/quote]

The "Val" in "Valley" is how I've been saying it.. well with a "W" obviously... I couldn't think of a word that describes it but valley is good :)

Glad it isn't just me, the bloke in the gallery looked at me like I was a right wally... or wolly even... :blink:

In fact the "Gal" in Gallery sums it up pretty well too.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1380708289' post='2229180']
Hi guys

The bass has been in "the book" for some time. It's going to be pretty special as the facings are from a chestnut tree that came down in my Mum and (late) Dad's garden in 2010. The wood has been resting at Paul's since then, was split in February this year, and finally cut down to body blanks last week.

As I said, Mk I fretted, standard hardware. Might go for an ebony board though, and possibly a lighter body core wood.

It'll be good to have a Wal back in the fold and legitimately call myself "Walbassist" again.

Cheers all

Gareth
[/quote]

Lovely wood. Did Paul get all the rest? That'd look great on a Sei.; -)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...