Why become a member? ×

Barefaced cabs, pricing issues??

bridge

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1380712286' post='2229263']
The Super Compact grille is actually pretty damn good...looks much better, (just seen a Facebook picture).

See, again, a little bit of feedback like this helps.
[/quote]

Now they just need to be finished with a smoother coat of paint. I'm not a big fan of the current rough paint job [b]but i won't get rid of my S12T because of its looks[/b]! The sound (and weight) is way more important ;)

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1380712913' post='2229279']
Now they just need to be finished with a smoother coat of paint. I'm not a big fan of the current rough paint job [b]but i won't get rid of my S12T because of its looks[/b]! The sound (and weight) is way more important ;)
[/quote]

I could make an analogy, but I won't haha.

Unfortunately image can matter a lot...

I can certainly envisage a gtr rig or drum kit or bass rig not getting the gig.
I certainly think the use of Ampeg SVT's on a lot of stages has quite a bit less to do with
the way it sounds, tbh... than it probably should have.

Having said that... I could use one if provided but I think my rig is better anyway.

The business is image driven as much as anything else.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1380808816' post='2230885']
I played with a drummer who had a Yamaha kit that opened in two and you could fit all the drums, one inside the bigger one up to the kick drum. Just one bag to carry the whole set! Let me see if i can dig out a pic...
[/quote]

Yamaha hip gig. Cool kits.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1380705202' post='2229109']

*The little lawyer on my shoulder told me to write the following statement: "I have no grounds to believe that Barefaced, or any of their employees would actually do anything even remotely scandalous"
[/quote]

Look at this photo and ask yourself how confident you are about that:

[URL=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/h4ppyjack/media/Equipment%20and%20stuff%20CURRENT/VisittoBarefaced8_zps67f42db9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Equipment%20and%20stuff%20CURRENT/VisittoBarefaced8_zps67f42db9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]