Why become a member? ×

Thomann - odd position on a returned item ???

dmccombe7

Bought a Hartke Kilo. Faulty so Thomann sent me the returns document with pre-paid postage.
Returned as per their procedure.
Tracking shows amp was delivered to Koln IFS on 9th Sept.
Called Thomann to find out when I would be refunded.

Thomann wont refund until they receive the amp. They told me amp was with their Customs and was scheduled to be delivered on Mon 16th.
Last night I opened an email from Thomann asking for the tracking details (which they sent me)

Still no refund.

Any thoughts on how to proceed with this especially if amp has disappeared. Who is responsible for the loss.
Amp was paid by VISA. Should I contact them. ?

Any advice welcome.

Dave

I wuold not give up contacting Visa and seeing if there's any way with which you can still stop or postpone the payment.

Not strictly necessary to proceed unless you're forced to, but at least you're informed on the position you're in.

Never had bad experiences with Thomann, but it's a big shop, you never know why/how things may simply turn bad one time.. if you understand that this time for whatever reason you're "left alone" you can always call the customer service, tell them that they're leaving you with no other option that blocking the payment and you want to talk with a Sales Manager or whatever.
Of course put that clear in written emails also, if you need to go that far.

my 2 cents...
Luca

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1379400294' post='2212088']
if you start getting third parties like Visa involved then it's only going to complicate matters.
[/quote]
[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1379400711' post='2212096']
Definitely give visa a ring. let Visa know whats going down.
[/quote]
[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1379401112' post='2212100']
I wuold not give up contacting Visa [/quote]

Basschat advice at it's consistent best! :)

Thanks guys - Thomann have told me today that they have finally received the amp and will issue the refund once unit has been checked over by technician. Not exactly sure why the refund is being issued after the tech checks it but to be fair they have kept me reasonably well informed.
I guess every country has issues with Customs who are a law unto themselves.

I'm pretty pleased that it ahs turned out good as I have always had a good opinion of Thomann who I have bought from over past few yrs without any major issue. Nice to have a reasonably happy ending to one of my so sad stories.

Thanks again for the advice and all going well should be finally refunded soon

Dave

I think all sellers are getting more careful not to credit stuff and then find the suppliers don't credit them.

Only yesterday I took back some new strings to my store and tbey wont exchange or credit me until tbey get a response from Rotosound. In my case I was fitting the G string and it snapped.

(I know I should wear a bigger size. LOL)

Richard

Well guys Thomann came thru again with their usual high standard of Customer Service. Full refund issued no quibble. Amp had been held at routine customs check and as soon as they opened it up and checked all in order they emailed me that refund had been issued.
Brings back my faith in some suppliers out there who are doing above and beyond to make sure customer is satisfied.
Agree things can go a bit wrong at times but its how the shop deals with that issue that makes the difference.

Dave