Why become a member? ×

BASSex video by Alberto Rigoni

3V17C

just came across this video -

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0P4eKBAHs"]BASSex by Alberto Rigoni[/url]

hmmm!! not sure what to make of it really! kinda euro cheesy, kinda 'my cherona' but kinda cool too (and not just the cowgirl!) very nice quick run/harmonic thing at 01:51

peace

c

well, i've purchased Alberto Rigoni's "Something Different" and I really love it. He has a nice playing even if he is not a virtuoso (don't expect a Victor Wooten & co.). But he has great ideas and... yes... it's really something different. Rigoni is a courageous bass player. Check it out! on his myspace you can listen to a nice Cd sample.

about the video: i think it's amazing, ironic and sexy at the same time. and it's the first time i see a so well produced video of a bassist's tune...

I think its generally solid apart from the unneeded generic Jaco-esque harmonics which he seems to just be hitting at random. I did actually like most of the fingerstyle stuff, the rapid bursts of articulations on one note were very effective and the runs were relatively cool, nice tone too. I just think a video spotlighting the six string bass should show off a bit more of its harmonic potential rather than sticking on one simplistic groove with a bit of redundant ornamentation.

Edited by Oscar South

The bass playing was pretty good, IMO - I loved the rapid tremolo thing, and that harmonic fill! Shame about the song, "BASSex" gave me a chuckle!

Did anyone else notice how sterile the drums sounded? Listen to 2:53, and you'll notice.

Edited by Welshbassist

[quote name='Oscar South' post='221012' date='Jun 17 2008, 11:16 PM']I think its generally solid apart from the unneeded generic Jaco-esque harmonics which he seems to just be hitting at random.[/quote]

Sounded to me like it was all edited, chopped and copy-pasted, hence random things. It didn't sound like a single "one take" piece, but I apologise to the man if he did.

I liked it. I was tempted to watch a couple of times, but I have to admit it wasn't because of the bass player!

Edited by Huge Hands

• 1 month later...