Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ON HOLD/SALE PENDING. SOLD. Rare Original,1989 YAMAHA TRB-4P. Emerald green/Gold. Museum Mint.
£600

jamondrums

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Up for sale is an absolutely stunning and increasingly rare (in this colour/combo/age/condition), ORIGINAL, Japanese made, Yamaha TRB-4P.

Yamaha TRB fans will know what this bass is about. And this particular example is minter than I can describe. It's absolutely flawless. Hard to believe is pushing a quarter century old. It's been in kid gloves it's whole life.

It's an #E4 serial number which ran from '86-'89. Pre-production began in '88 which makes this an '88/'89 model. The #E4 type serial numbering only ran until '89. This is a concrete, no younger than, 24 year old, ageing beautifully and increasing in value bass. Yamaha made the TRB solely as a 5 string (and 6) with only a HANDFUL of these 4's being made. They weren't designed as a 4 string bass. They weren't a standard stock item and in the end became a custom only model.

[b][u]Specs[/u][/b]

[b]Body:[/b] Select Japanese Ash,
[b]Neck:[/b] Neck through, Maple & Mahogany.
[b]Fretboard[/b] Ebony/Pearl inlays- 24 Fret
[b]Electronics:[/b] Active, [/font][/size]
[left]2 Single Coils + Bridge Piezo (Little piezo's in each of the bridge saddles), 5-Control System, Pickup to Piezo blend, Bass Cut/Boost, Treble Cut/Boost, Master Vol.[/left]
[b]Hardware:[/b] Solid machined brass bridge, Gold hardware all round. Schaller locks.
[b]Finish:[/b] Hand carved, Hand sanded, Hand stained select Japanese Ash.
[b]Case:[/b] Hardcase: Yamaha tolex.

Anyone who sees/plays this bass will be bowled over by how beautifully well made/designed it is and how comfortable it is to play. Lovely neck, great dimension. A real lovely bass to hold. The gold hardware has almost NO ageing or fading. It's really bright, vivid and consistent considering the age of the bass. This bass looks like it was made last year. Absolute Japanese, long lasting build quality. If you've seen how Yamaha make their basses by hand, you'll know. Serious precision, and then some.

Soundwise, it's musical, funky, solid, clear. Lots of low end response but very bright if you want clarity and musicality. It really really boasts a good amount of low end response. It can really thump hard if that’s what you’re going for, but also with the piezo pick ups it gives a certain brightness as well. It’s definitely a versatile bass guitar to say the least between the different pick ups.

Although originally a mid-range instrument it's a serious bass for a serious player boasting the kind of top end parts, design and quality found on basses twice it's price and more. This bass makes a lot of custom/boutique/highend basses look like college experiments. Yamaha Japan REALLY know to make instruments. The Japanese don't give anything less than perfection. A fabulous instrument which on looks alone I should probably keep, but I just can't justify it sitting cased and not played. It deserves to be played and adored.

Price is [b]£600 shipped to mainland UK[/b]. Postage to EU to be arranged and priced accordingly. Paypal/Bank Transfer(UK buyers only)/cash on collection. European buyers, I need cleared funds before I will ship.
Not really interested in trades to be honest. £600 is a cash price so the trade value would need to be around the £750 mark but try me. You never know, you might have something I want.

Thanks for looking.

PICTURES:
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/93253425@N03/"]http://www.flickr.co...s/93253425@N03/[/url]

Edited by jamondrums

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1378495575' post='2201230']
Stunning bass!
[/quote]
'tis a bit nice eh. :)

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1378498175' post='2201284']
Bloody hell that is nice
[/quote]
That nice that my partner doesn't want it to go!! Can you believe that? A woman not wanting you to sell basses... If anyone's interested I rent her out for intensive wife behaviour courses. ;)

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1378499580' post='2201311']
Thats one gorgeous bass, if it were a 5 id be selling my kids :) check out some 80's earth wind & fire concerts, Verdine White used these basses for years, amazing tone
[/quote]
I remember VW using them. I think thats where my love of them started. Well, I've owned one now so that's a box ticked, now must move it on.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1378500540' post='2201328']
BOOM there it is. Very nice indeed :-)
[/quote]
Worth the wait eh?

Edited by jamondrums

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1378530180' post='2201481']
... you rent your wife out for what????! .....
[/quote]

Intensive wife behavioural courses mate. :)

They go from:

"I'll cut your balls off and serve them to you in your tagliatelle if you bring so much as another pickguard screw home!!!"

to

"omg!!! that is beautiful!!!" and "it cost you less than 3grand!!??" and "wow and that TONE!!! sounds just like a PINO!!"

;)

Thanks again for you helpful support Thunderbird. Really appreciate all the free bumping you've provided me with.

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1378546390' post='2201611']
Close to pulling the trigger on this... Lovely bass! :)
[/quote] Thanks! 'Tis a beauty. And a really great price too. :)

Hi everyone.

Any comments & discussion on the price of any item in the marketplace should be discussed directly with the seller via PM, as per [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19"]the marketplace guidelines[/url].

I've cleaned the thread up to reflect this.

Thank you.

Same bass, professionally set up by local luthier here in Northampton. Benefits from a complete nut and bolt clean, cut and polish, new strings, fretboard and frets cleaned and polished, electronics serviced and new battery. Remember this is a posted price also.

Graeme paid £750 for this bass back in June. I'm bringing it here for £150 less in better nick. It was a good bass fair priced at £750. Its now a remarkable bass, perfectly priced at £600.

Cheers. :)

Edited by jamondrums