Why become a member? ×

Wishbone Ash - Blind Eye

vmaxblues

Not just this track, there are quite a few WA tracks I'd like to have accurate bass transcriptions of but there just don't seem to be publications available. I read somewhere that Martin Turner was considering doing a book of WA material at one time but it never happened.

Edited by KevB

Loved that band and [size=4][quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1375974792' post='2168169'][/size]
The solo at the start of "Handy". Love it, and often play around in the same vein (in private only), but never quite cracked it as such.
Problem being that even if I did crack it when and where would you ever get the chance to use it?
[/quote]

This used to be my sound check number. Love it.

Friends of mine formed a WA tribute band and when Bob Skeet had to take a break from a tour some time back, the bass player depped for him (he may chip in here as he's a BCer). I have a lot of affection for New England a great, but often forgotten album.

Blind Eye is in the old book I found last night, but no bass is shown. Martin Turner (WA original bassist) is still going strong and performing old WA songs as" Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash". Met him a few years back at the bass guitar show and also saw his band not that long ago. Andy Powell, one of the former twin lead guitarists is still performing as Wishbone Ash.