Why become a member? ×

Coming into some money.

bubinga5

No worries - would be good to compare jazzes too!

Will PM you my mobs number.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1373718975' post='2140945']
im there Mark. give me your number dude, ill call you in the week and pester you to come and try your basses. if your lucky i will bring round my Jazz. :D
[/quote]

What a great position to be in! I think you're absolutely right to treat yourself.

There's loads of incredible basses out there to choose from, I guess my only advice would be to buy something you've had chance to play (or the same model if you're going custom).I don't think I'd spend that sort of cash buying a bass of spec, without being 100% certain exactly how I'll get on with it until it's finished. I guess I'd probably start with a trip to Bass Direct, and then track down any other basses I'd want to try.

Personally, I like to think that I'd buy from a UK luthier, but I'd to go around and try some first.

Happy shopping! :D

Sei don't use a middleman so going direct gets as much as poss going into the bass...IMO ie, no distributor or retail costs.

I have 2 Sei J5's and they are completely different, but with the same attention to detail build quality and MP's great eye for styling..IMO.
They weren't made for me tho..

The only other thing, I'd consider... there was a Celinder j5 here in natural, a few months back and I never saw it sold...so I'd check that out.

But...if it were me..I'd commision MP right away..
I'd have single J style pickups in a J config.
Sunburst and red tort, RW neck and block and bound with MoP inlays..or something close to MoP in looks.

I'd go with a P-bass width neck at the nut as opposed to a J nut.
I'd have the neck flamed maple..and run that thru to the headstock.

I may have 2 batts for pre and LED's on top of the bass..but I've never used mine. :lol:

I would stay away from soapbar design, but probably would have Barts and look at Glock, Aguilar ..possibly Audere pre amps..to be decided at a later date.

Hmmm..talking myself into one now :lol: :lol: