Why become a member? ×

Staffordshire Bass Meet Up - 11/08

Not long to go now, folks! Here's the latest list:

1. Tayste - 1970's Ampeg B-15, 3 Overwater Originals (5 string, 4 string, 4 string fretless), Fender Pawn Shop Mustang, full pedalboard.
2. 64k - Fender Jazz (Modern Player), Roland GR55.
3. tauzero - Tecamp Puma 900, TC RS112 (if there's room for more cabs), Sei 5-string everythingless, Warwick JD Thumb 4-string, Antoniotsai 5-string, probably a couple of Zoom things (B3 and/or MS60B)
4. seashell - Fender P and possibly Ibanez SRX300
5. cheddatom - providing the venue!
6 Ian Savage - to be confirmed
7. ubassman - to be confirmed
8. Bassman Sam - PM for transport share from Crewe/Norwhich
9. Eboclive - 6 string Yamaha TRB, 5 string Wal. PM for transport share from Tamworth
10. Nibody - to be confirmed
11. chrismuzz - to be confirmed
12. pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG
13. Men Imitating Machines - Special Appearance! B)

Hoping some of those 'tbc's' will turn into 'confirmed' soon! :)

The address is:

[font="arial"][size="2"]HILL TOP BUSINESS CENTRE, [/size][/font]
[font="arial"][size="2"]TALKE PITTS, ST7 1PW[/size] [/font]

[size="2"][font="arial"]You can find it from that post code on google, there's a map here: [/font][/size]http://rifffactory.co.uk/recordings.html

Depending on where you come from, I guess most of you would come down/up the A500, then take the A34 towards Congleton. It's a straight road until you get to a big crossroads with traffic lights. The A34 continues on to Congleton on the right, but you want to go left. It takes you up a hill, and when you're almost at the top of the hill (maybe half a mile from the cross roads) the business centre is on your left. It's a very tight turn to get in. Once you've turned in you go up a ramp, through some big blue gates, drive to the right hand side of the big main building and there's a smaller separate building - that's me. Anyway, I'll try and put some signs up or something to make it obvious.

Quick question as my lift seems to have let me down, I've got this showing as about 2 miles from Kidsgrove train station does that seem about right?

Thinking I'll just train and taxi it around, it will mean I won't have the B-15 though, but can do a good few other toys ;)

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1376163751' post='2170474']
Quick question as my lift seems to have let me down, I've got this showing as about 2 miles from Kidsgrove train station does that seem about right?

Thinking I'll just train and taxi it around, it will mean I won't have the B-15 though, but can do a good few other toys ;)
[/quote]

Sorry, only just seen this. Kidsgrove is very close, can't find a Kidsgrove station though, longport station is 4 miles away

Following people turned up

1. Tayste
4. seashell
5. cheddatom
9. Eboclive
12. pantherairsoft - Roscoe LG
13. Men Imitating Machines - Special Appearance!

Good show Basschat.

However seeing Men Imitating Machines in a clinic style setting was mind expanding and well worth the day.

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1376255249' post='2171471']

However seeing Men Imitating Machines in a clinic style setting was mind expanding and well worth the day.
[/quote]

Definitely this.
It was good to see you all.
Many thanks to Tom for providing the venue.