Why become a member? ×

Playing my first festival tonight now with (poor quality vids)

DarkHeart

Ooer :unsure: ive never played in front of a large crowd before and im playing at Hawes Big Bash tonight and the weather is glorious so im thinking its going to be busy, im getting just a tad nervous about this one especially as weve added a few new songs to the set list that we only rehearsed this week, the only bonus is the song i sing has been removed for the night, we got the plum second off last spot as well :D

Edited by DarkHeart

Knock 'em dead. Have a great time. Try to get some pics taken by someone, for later year's reminiscences ("Do you remember that festival we played..? Where was that, now..? You know; where all those girls insisted on caressing our..."...)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='bigash' timestamp='1373119923' post='2133927']
We got our first really big gig this August at Stormont Castle in Belfast. Can't wait

You'll be fine once you get started. It's just that moment before you go on shits me up.
[/quote]

What's this for? Not too far from me!

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1373118128' post='2133899']
Ooer :unsure: ive never played in front of a large crowd before and im playing at Hawes Big Bash tonight and the weather is glorious so im thinking its going to be busy, im getting just a tad nervous about this one especially as weve added a few new songs to the set list that we only rehearsed this week, the only bonus is the song i sing has been removed for the night, we got the plum second off last spot as well :D
[/quote]
Have a good 'un. :D

Edited by BetaFunk

Its for a Scooter Rally, from the 9th to the 11th August. Were playing on the saturday night in i think its in the Pavillion?
Supposed to be 1,000 plus people going. We have done a few for the local Scooter boys and some of the Irish lot seen us and booked us up.

You may be nervous before hand but to be honest you only ever really see the first few rows of people, after that they become a blur, get someone to video your set, it's great to watch it back and hear a big crowd singing along to your playing, the worst part is the return to normality afterwards.

Enjoy, it's a great feeling

my mrs did this vid, not our singer/guitard`s best performance but its a vid, excuse the sound and editing (i think she was asleep at the start!)

[URL=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/SNV80356_zps256e7289.mp4][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/th_SNV80356_zps256e7289.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Sounds good to me-congratulations, although the guitarist should have platform boots to go with that guitar.!

We play our first festival next weekend-a beer and cider festival and we had our first practice with a drummer yesterday :)
On the + side we're first on and get free beer and cider

Don't expect a vid :)

Edited by Pinball

I love beer festivals!!! Played a CAMRA festival a few years ago in Loghborough - the audience was half-cut before we started & the night went amazingly, with huge amounts of energy coming back from them & a great ovation at the end. Although it was a good performance, we didn't play any better or any worse then we normally did on many occasions where we'd play in a club to 2 men & a dog & get some polite applause.