Why become a member? ×

... and if you thought Mooer pedals were cheap ...

BigBeatNut

... then check these (eBay search): http://is.gd/4U6y1h

Obviously very,very, similar to Mooer designs (if you asked me to guess, I'd say they might come from the same factory).

Also, half the price and often with a 'Make Offer' listing so they could go cheaper, possibly.

Guest FretNoMore

I like cheap, but call me stupid, I prefer to buy at a higher price, supporting those who design and make the originals. Of course I know nothing about these specific pedals, but at that price I bet they are rip offs of others' products and produced in some asian sweatshop.

FNM - they are, almost certainly, a re-hash of someone else's product, just like almost every other pedal, amplifier and guitar out there. Maybe they do use the same value components as an OCD etc, although I think that unlikely because many of these things sound somewhat different to the pedal they claim to emulate. For me, I'll try to buy the pedal with the sound I want, and many of these things have their own sound because of changes made to the circuit or values. I do like the tiny size, but have never had the sound[i] I wanted [/i]from the mooers I bought (anyone want an elec lady?). My favourite overdrive/distortion pedal is a Visualsound Jekyll & Hyde, but no-one ever rags them about ripping off the tubescreamer or Boss DS series because they are a 'home product'.

Tempted by the Rat and the tuner right now. Wish they made a reverb - everyone does delays.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1372329888' post='2124320']
Tempted by the Rat and the tuner right now. Wish they made a reverb - everyone does delays.
[/quote]

Mooer do a reverb - the Shimverb. There's quite a few floating around second hand because people like me bought them for the shimmer mode and then decided they didn't like it. The "normal" reverb sounds on it are pretty good though.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1372621916' post='2127828']
Where did you get the tuner from for that price?
[/quote]

It was on the Australian eBay with bidding instead of buy it now; looks like shipping's free wherever it's bought from. Might be too good to be true though, I'll find out in a week or so when it arrives.

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1372621916' post='2127828']
Where did you get the tuner from for that price?
[/quote]

There are plenty of 'Make Offer' listings on eBay too. It's worth giving those a shot ... you might get as much as 30% off, I've had similar discounts.

Heads up for anyone considering the PT-21 tuner: it's only meant to recognise guitar pitches EADGBE or 1 semi-tone below. Perfect if you play piccolo bass, but sadly no good for anything lower. Having said that, it's picking up the G,D and E strings on my electric mandolin, but not the A; this must mean it also picks up one octave above guitar pitch as well. It also works on the 12th (and 24th) fret of a 4 string bass... hooray.

Build quality is excellent though, and tunes fine; maybe the best value guitar pedal tuner out there if you only play standard, and tiny. The packaging and instructions are identical to Mooer, as is the pedal layout. Tracks as well as my Korg Pitchblack, and the display's as good.

All moot thouigh given this isn't guitarchat (unless there's some way to modify the tuning internally... more skilled hands than mine required I'm afraid.)

Edited by Nessy

My rat clone came straight to my door at £22 delivered.

Here's a short comparison, ENO DR-1S Rat clone and ProCo RAT with LM308 chip.

My mate->fender telecaster '52 RI->pedals->Vox Ac15 cc2 with sound crappily plucked from the air by my iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd7IGDEeSAM

You can't tell the difference if you ask me...

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1374343610' post='2147901']
My rat clone came straight to my door at £22 delivered.

Here's a short comparison, ENO DR-1S Rat clone and ProCo RAT with LM308 chip.

My mate->fender telecaster '52 RI->pedals->Vox Ac15 cc2 with sound crappily plucked from the air by my iPhone.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd7IGDEeSAM[/media]

You can't tell the difference if you ask me...
[/quote] I think they sound about the same :)