Why become a member? ×

London Guitar Show

Wooks

Are there any other fellow BC's out there that are thinking of going to this next weekend?? It would be good if we could maybe get together. I'm looking forward to seeing Billy Sheehan and even some of the drummers too.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='213215' date='Jun 5 2008, 01:58 PM']I'll be going - I just got an email that I have won a pair of tickets from the Arts Council :huh:[/quote]
Well done, that's saved you a few quid, more money to spend on gear whilst you're there :)

[quote name='3V17C' post='213547' date='Jun 5 2008, 10:52 PM']i'm going down on the saturday - definitely going to be checking out billy and i think paul gilberts on too though i'm guessing not at the same time...!

peace

c[/quote]
Billy is on satge just before Paul Gilbert, makes you wonder if they will get together to do a bit of Mr Big together?? I'm going on the Sat, noot sure if it's going to be with my mate and his son or with my wifey or maybe all of them :)

I'm only there on the 12th (with a 2x 4x10 Glock rig) which is trade day as I'm abroad on biz in Europe from the 13-19th June then from 20-26th in the US of A. I'll be on the SimS Custom Shop stand which has an incredibly exciting new product launch.

If any Basschaters are there I'll be pleased to say 'hi' otherwise Martin Sims and his team will be pleased to help.

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='paul, the' post='213440' date='Jun 5 2008, 07:55 PM']lol?[/quote]

Yeah, lets re-word that.

Peted is going, and if I get myself a ticket I'll be there with him.

That definately sounds more like English, I must stop posting when I'm half asleep!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='214166' date='Jun 7 2008, 01:18 AM']I really wanted to go to that, then i realised it was the same weekend as download, AND the ernie ball musicman bass bash! dammit!!! Why couldn't they have been 3 consecutive weekends? or the bass bash and the guitar show have been the same weekend but a different one to download? bah[/quote]
Yeah it's annoying when that happens I had this whilst living in Germany over the past couple of years. I would miss either the Bang Your Head festival or Graspop fest. depending on which one I went to, because they were/are on the same weekend which the end of this month :) I'm missing both this year cos I'm going on holiday to Egypt.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='214166' date='Jun 7 2008, 01:18 AM']I really wanted to go to that, then i realised it was the same weekend as download, AND the ernie ball musicman bass bash! dammit!!! Why couldn't they have been 3 consecutive weekends? or the bass bash and the guitar show have been the same weekend but a different one to download? bah[/quote]
Erm.... the Ernie Ball UK Knuckleheads Bash [b]is[/b] at the London Guitar Show on the Saturday. I'll be there! :)

Hey guys - I'll be playing at the LIMS - I'm in the house band for the Ernie Ball Guitar Idol competition, so if you'd like to see me getting roasted, come on over. 6 days to go, 12 mad instrumental tracks to learn in my spare time (of which I have about 20 mins... fun.)

Dave

[quote name='Davemarks' post='215317' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:41 AM']Hey guys - I'll be playing at the LIMS - I'm in the house band for the Ernie Ball Guitar Idol competition, so if you'd like to see me getting roasted, come on over. 6 days to go, 12 mad instrumental tracks to learn in my spare time (of which I have about 20 mins... fun.)

Dave[/quote]
Hey cool any ideas about what time you're likely to be on at all? Maybe a good meeting point for all BC's??

[quote name='Davemarks' post='215317' date='Jun 9 2008, 11:41 AM']Hey guys - I'll be playing at the LIMS - I'm in the house band for the Ernie Ball Guitar Idol competition, so if you'd like to see me getting roasted, come on over. 6 days to go, 12 mad instrumental tracks to learn in my spare time (of which I have about 20 mins... fun.)

Dave[/quote]

I have just got off the phone with my mate Andy, an Ernie Ball endorser who plays for the band Sacred Mother Tongue. He's going to be on the guitar idol judging panel.

I can't think of anyone better... he is a very talented guitar player!