Why become a member? ×

Anyone see the programme about Agnetha (ABBA)the other night?

No, but read a recent article and she said there wasn't a problem with the others at all...just that they needed space and they often didn't get it.
The other thing that seemed to come over was her performance nerves which is odd considering the work they did but may explain why she
was out of the spotlight for so long and resisted the offers to reform.
The magazine pics were stunning though....

As I understand it the " not getting on " angle is another case of press and media embellishing or fabricating a story because its more entertaining than the truth.
I'm sure there might well have been friction, and under the immense pressure and scrutiny they must have been under that's no great surprise, but it's fairly well documented that they all still get on and keep in touch with each other
Good documentary though, and her new material sounds great.
I'd like to see her performing live too especially with Rutger Gunnarsson on bass, one of my playing heroes

[quote name='iconic' timestamp='1371174487' post='2110924']
Rutger second only to macca for amount of songs sold with their bass playing onboard?
[/quote]

There were some great shots of him on stage with his gorgeous Ikea-finish Jazz bass (probably Eurovision)

Funnily enough most of the screen time goes to the two girls. Didn't they realise that in 40 years time bass geeks would be on the lookout?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPiUGtdIzk"]http://www.youtube....h?v=0XPiUGtdIzk[/url]

And can some kind soul enlighten me as to how to embed youtube clips?

Edited by toneknob