Why become a member? ×

Squier 'Classic Vibe' Range

3V17C

not sure if these have been mentioned before but i just stumbled across them - the jazz and 50s P particularly tasty[attachment=9277:0303080502_md.jpg]:

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303075505"]Squier 60's type Jazz bass[/url]

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303080502"]50's style P bass[/url] - i want one of these!!

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0303070572"]60's precision[/url]

peace

c

they had been mentioned before as they had appeared on the Sam Ash website before the official launch...

now they are officially available... some lucky bods in USA will have been getting them delivered today...

I have now got a horrible GAS attack... but don't know which to spring for, the 50's P or 60's P...

I had been thinking about getting a real Fender 51 RI, but hated the colour choice...

my problem is unloading my excess basses...

I have seven... will be down to six tomorrow... (the Peavey is going) but I still have three cheapo ones to get rid of... I'd be lucky if I got £20 each in cash converters as I've seen Encore P-Basses in there for only £50...

Edited by Paul Cooke

That jazz looks flipping sweet! I can see my arsenal of cheap(ish) basses growing yet again.
Squier will be happy if they're as well received as the vintage modified series.

Has anyone got any prices on these yet?

**edit: $299 seems to be the figure bandied around online regarding prices. I can't wait.**

Edited by Hit&Run

I notice the precision 5 string has gone.
shame, they should have sorted out some decent wide pickups for it.

although the passive jazz 5 looks tempting- more so if they offered it in sunburst with a tort guard...

Edited by SJA

It was me that put up the original post for these lovely looking budget basses [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=findpost&pid=209308"]here[/url] Now I've seen all three - It seems they really are raising their game at Squier. High mass bridges, glossed necks, etc... Would like to try that 50's precision against a Fender 51 reissue telebass precision.

[quote name='acidbass' post='212677' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:07 PM']What's with the 'HiMass' bridges though?[/quote]
The latest American Standards have the HMV (high mass vintage) bridges, so maybe squier are trying to make their wares resemble their well-heeled bretherin a little more closely.
The HMV bridge must surely be an improvement over the bog standard 'bent plate' bridge on the normal squiers.

Specs from the jazzer:
[code]Body Basswood

Neck Maple, Modern “C” Shape, (Gloss Polyester Finish)
Fingerboard Rosewood, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets 20 Vintage Style Frets
Pickups 2 Custom Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups with AlNiCo 5 Magnets (Mid & Bridge)
Bridge 4-Saddle HiMass Bridge with Brass Saddles
Pickguard 3-Ply Tortoise Shell
Scale Length 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut 1.50” (38mm)

Unique Features Vintage Styling,
Tinted Neck,
Vintage Style Chrome Control Plate
Black Jazz Bass Control Knobs,
Gold Squier Logo,
Thumbrest,
Synthetic Bone Nut[/code]

So, Synthetic Bone nut, decent bridge with brass saddles and a pair of AlNiCo 5 pups.

Hmm, and basswood isn't a major problem, it'll be fairly light.

As long as the build quality is up with the VM series, they should be good.

Edited by Buzz

• 4 weeks later...