Why become a member? ×

You lucky Londoners!!

SpaceChick

Today, whilst in the Big Smoke called London town I called to two bass shops!

The Bass Gallery in Camden and Wunjos Bass Centre in Tin Pan Alley.

You lucky lucky people, basses as far as the eye can see, helpful and knowledgable staff, a range of custom options available to you.

Us Welshies have two or three basses in the corner of a guitar shop with someone who will do a set up or string change if you are lucky!!

And did I buy a bass..... Hell yeah! :lol:

I love Ibanez basses, they really suit my small girls hands..... So I have bought an Ibanez SR300 which they are de-fretting for me, as my current precision fretless is too wide necked for me. The Ibanez fretless SR300F has been discontinued, so I'm having my own made :P

Can't post a picture until its posted out to me once the work has been done on it ;)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1369431948' post='2089339']
I love Ibanez basses, they really suit my small girls hands..... So I have bought an Ibanez SR300 which they are de-fretting for me, as my current precision fretless is too wide necked for me. The Ibanez fretless SR300F has been discontinued, so I'm having my own made :P

Can't post a picture until its posted out to me once the work has been done on it ;)
[/quote]

So is there a Precision fretless for sale in Wales........

I have bought basses from both wunjo and the gallery and can vouch for both. Top blokes, top stock, top service. The rest of london's bass shops leave something to be desired...

A quick mention for rockstop on charing cross road too. I had a problem with a pedal and they exchanged it no questions asked. That sort of thing ensures I'll be buying stuff from them again, even if they maybe aren't the cheapest.

Rob

I have small hands (for an average size man)

I bought an SR400 back in 2002. It's an excellent bass for the price and still going strong.

The only issue I have had was a tuner that sheared off during a gig. This may have been due to me dropping it at some stage, they're cast aluminium. I've not heard of it happening to anyone else. I have 3 spare tuners now because you can only buy them in sets.

Edited by TimR