Why become a member? ×

SOLD Olympic white P Bass from 1970
£2300

Brams77

Ok for your consideration...

Im not sure I want to do this but something has caught my eye...
[size=3][i](I feel allready hopeless writing this knowing GAS got me again;)[/i][/size]

Anyways my most original vintage piece I own...
All parts on the bass are original also the case is original...
ofcourse it has played quite some time, I wouldn't call it mint,
but in good condition none the less, ready to be played for many years to come.
I love the neck on this one [size=3][i](B neck)[/i][/size] it feels just right, personally I prefer it over the neck of my '65 p, and thats no lie!
It has a beautiful chocolate brown FB, no divots, frets are in great condition.
They have been leveled once, or atleast thats what I think...
The finish is poly altho its thinner then the later fenders, and its yellowed quite a bit, you cant really tell on the pics but
it looks more like butterscotch it has a quite bright colour, it has some wear not too bad and some weather checking, which looks real cool.

About the sound:
It's quite a loud bass, very resonant, growly, bright and big, its not smooth and round, so I would use this for acoustic music and rock. The D and G strings have a very full tone to them which you wont find on
all of them. I dont know nothing not to like...

Here's a video of essentially the same bass built a half year later... Comes pretty close to the sound aswell..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyu60LGpS2w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyu60LGpS2w[/url]

Pics comming up in a minute

Edited by Brams77

[b]So...the only things I could find that are tempered with:[/b]
[size=3][b][i]there is an extra groundwire soldered on the pots and the aluminium foil has been removed from the back of the pickguard... originally it came with a white non original pickguard prolly had been on the bass for a while too... maybe explains why someone thought the extra grounding was needed... Anyways a lovely bass still...[/i][/b][/size]

Edited by Brams77

Thanks Clarky!

Yeah I'm kind of.. not really detached from this either... its a special bass... Oh did I tell it weights close to 3,5 kg
Before I forget, the pickup cover on the pic... is not a cover that belongs to this bass, its from my other old P.
I had bought one to make this bass complete but turned out fraud:S... Viva la EBAY right....
So no pickupcover at this time, just the bridge cover ok...

Regards,

Bram

Edited by Brams77

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1369341080' post='2088190']
Hmm.. I do have a lovely 1971 Jazz that might like a new home...?
[/quote]

Well as tempting as that sounds I have already spoiled myself with a jazz, and I am a p kinda guy...

Thanks guys for the great comments!

Ehmm I dont know, around 80 euros I guess but that is negotiable.

Tomorrow there will be some extra pics up from pots pickups and neck.. I don't like pulling this appart again, but I get alot of questions about that... so...
you know... there will be some proof pics up:D

Take care

Added a small clip with my ipad... sound only, just to give some notion of the sound... its not perfect nor is the playing,
Ofcourse you will not get the lows much.. But you can hear the character.

Tata also playable for mobile devices now..

recommended you use a headset...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veuBeVK8vmc[/media]

Edited by Brams77

If the pots are a problem or the alu tape, I got the alu-tape and I have two untouched stackpole week 42 '66 pots...

I don't know there isn't much I can do to make it more attractieve right.... Oh wait there is!
A beautiful BUMP picture!

Edited by Brams77

Ok last chance 2100 pounds + shipping

Then It's on either ebay or local online sale...
If you want a cool, light, playable vintage bass, that has mojo, the tone and the looks...
And you can actually gig it aswell...
Ah what he hell ive done more then enough to advertise...;) LAST CHANCE