Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray Five, Copperhead Colour

Waldo

Anyone who knows anything about these basses knows the deal with them. EBMM made something like 100 of these as NAMM showpeices and then sold them to Guitar Center stores in the US. Obviously very rare and very sought after.

Had this for a month or so and during that time it's barely been used, it was basically just a swap for my Bacchus Jazz which I was having trouble selling. Can't really settle on having 5 strings and my Warwick gets all the use now. Condition wise it's almost flawless, I can only find a couple of scratches on the scratchplate (which is made of copper!) and that's it really. I will say that it would benefit from a new set of strings though!

Pics:

And for more info about the copperhead basses and some nice pics check out this thread on the EBMM forums:

[url="http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-basses/31329-unofficial-le-bass-copperhead-bronze.html"]http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-...ead-bronze.html[/url]

I'm located on the Wirral but can also be in Liverpool or Chester if that is any easier with regards to collecting. I can also ship it at your expense, would probably be about £20 depending on whether you'd like insurance or not. I have done a lot of buying/selling here and have 60+ 100% positve feedback on ebay, PM for details.

Looking for £800+. PM me if you have questions!

Cheers.

Edited by Waldo

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='236747' date='Jul 10 2008, 06:22 PM']Shame, If it was maple necked id have bought it now. But id have to stick with a trade as I already have a rosewood necked to get rid of :)[/quote]

Unfortunatly, they never made any maple ones. What are you looking to get rid of?

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='237475' date='Jul 11 2008, 05:25 PM']Bongo 5HS[/quote]

Ahh, I'll have to pass on that, can't deal with five stringers!

Is the price too high for this or is just that no one is interested? :)

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='238784' date='Jul 13 2008, 09:57 PM']Blame the credit crunch mate. Basses are only worth what people can afford to pay for them. I remember Normal rays going for £850 not too long ago.[/quote]
those days will come back, its only a matter of time :)

a bass like this is worth a grand, not a measly £850! the sparkle stingrays, particularly the 5's, demand the extra cash and people will pay for it, an ernie ball official said to me that sparkle finishes such as mine (blue dawn) and yours are very sought after, and i was advised not to consider selling in the current climate (which i wouldnt anyway :huh:) yours is rarer than mine too! dont be tempted to drop the price unless you cant eat :huh:

Edited by BassManKev

I think this price is just right, + I think it is the same bass I imported from a guy in the states, i paid about that for it including import, then sold it on to Tom for about the same money. They are very rare thou!

Nice bass, good luck with the sale.

[quote name='TKenrick' post='245566' date='Jul 22 2008, 06:03 PM']This is indeed a great bass, I traded it with Waldo because I don't get on with Stingrays!

Come on guys, someone must have a burning desire for a rare sparkly stringray?[/quote]

I have the burning desire, just not the money. :) (not saying it's a bad price, in fact its a bloody awesome price, i'm just out of dough at the mo)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='244624' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:47 PM']those days will come back, its only a matter of time :)

a bass like this is worth a grand, not a measly £850! the sparkle stingrays, particularly the 5's, demand the extra cash and people will pay for it, an ernie ball official said to me that sparkle finishes such as mine (blue dawn) and yours are very sought after, and i was advised not to consider selling in the current climate (which i wouldnt anyway :huh:) yours is rarer than mine too! dont be tempted to drop the price unless you cant eat :huh:[/quote]

Thankyou :huh:

I remember being on the Ernie Ball forums a while back and people would fight to get one of these basses! Same with sparkle ones too. Have had a bit of interest over there but trades only, I've been told that people are more interested in the new Sterling 5's at the moment.

I won't be putting the price down as this is how much I think the bass is worth and also, I'm in no rush to sell at all!

[quote name='TKenrick' post='245566' date='Jul 22 2008, 06:03 PM']This is indeed a great bass, I traded it with Waldo because I don't get on with Stingrays!

Come on guys, someone must have a burning desire for a rare sparkly stringray?[/quote]

Nice one matey, do you still have the Bacchus?