Why become a member? ×

Kingbass

marcus bell

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1368636100' post='2079571']
That does nothing for me at all! Funny how we are all so different, if I made a list of everything I would not want in a bass it would look exactly like a king bass :(
[/quote]

That's the exact reason why I have a Status cunningly disguised to the naked eye as a "Fender jazz bass"..looks "conventional" so as to not upset the more delicate of players I gig with that furrow their brow in disapproval at a bassist daring to whip out anything vaguely "un-Fender" ....but sounds and handles like a Status!Best of both worlds...:-)

Ive had both the Mk 1 Standard and Artist KB-IMO they are sonically versatile and visually stunning,but due to the tiny body shape they just don't work for me....in fact,my old Aqua blue Artist was the very one that Marcus sold!Anyone who thinks they are just for bedroom MK stylers playing "Love games" is wrong (though personally I don't see any problem with that if thats yer thing...you pays yer money!)...and the build quality,as with all Status basses,is the best there is IMO.

You'll get "the one" Marcus,mate.I say enjoy finding it in the meantime-while you still can lol....wish I still could!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1368636100' post='2079571']
That does nothing for me at all! Funny how we are all so different, if I made a list of everything I would not want in a bass it would look exactly like a king bass :(
[/quote]

I've got to agree on that particular example, On paper the spec ticks all the boxes for me, as per my earlier posting, but visually that one doesn't do it for me (I like fairly plain functional looks, fancy veneers or even solid fancy woods don't do much for me).