Why become a member? ×

Wal Pro

Stu_Blues7

Lovely bass . Looks a little bit earlier than 1985 to me , with the paddle headstock ect . As far as I know , Wal stopped making these in the early 1980's .

How much you can sell it for depends on a few things . Firstly , the working condition of the bass - providing the the neck is sound and the electronics work o.k ( I think some of the spares for this model are getting to be in short supply ) then you can expect a very good return on this guitar . The cosmetic condition of the bass looks to be very good , so that counts in your favour , too . If you have the original Wal case that will also significantly add to the value . The other thing to consider is how quickly you need to sell the bass , in so much as even though the bass is probably worth in the region of £2000 ( you might even get more than that if you sold it in a shop rather than on Basschat ) , there are a couple for sale on Basschat at around that price that haven't sold and have been reduced a bit to try and shift them . I think the problem is not so much that people think they are over - valued so much as there just isn't a lot of money about at the moment . A lot of folks would be ready to pay a couple of grand for one of these but they just don't have the money at the current time . If you can be patient I'm sure someone would buy this bass for a very good price sooner or later , though . They are superb and highly desirable basses with great cache .

Edited by Dingus

Use this to check the date of yours: http://www4.cs.fau.de/~koesters/Privat/Wal/walspec.html

Dingus is bang on the money here ... high-end basses are moving very slowly these days and it's not hard to work out why. Forced sales for people who have fallen on hard times have also driven prices/values down.

This is a Depression, after all. <_<

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1367755992' post='2069063']
Lovely bass . Looks a little bit earlier than 1985 to me , with the paddle headstock ect . As far as I know , Wal stopped making these in the early 1980's .
[/quote]

Generally true but they still took special orders for the old- style headstock. I know of at least two Wal Customs which were ordered and supplied with the "Paddle" headstock.

Lovely looking bass.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

If this bass is actually for sale, you should place a "proper" advert in the "basses for sale" section. You have to pay to do this, but if you are looking to make around £1600-2000 on your sale, you shouldn't mind coughing up £7 to advertise it!

Lovely bass BTW :gas:

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1368958518' post='2083326'] do not sell it unless you really have to. You may regret it more than you realize at this point in time.[/quote]

True. The market is very slow at the moment, which is great if you are a buyer.... but difficult if you want to sell. A couple of years ago you might have got close to three grand for this bass, but now? :unsure:

Keep it if you can