Why become a member? ×

Winery Dogs

peteb

[quote name='madshadows' timestamp='1402420256' post='2473328']
Ordered the special edition of the Winery Dogs CD called 'Dog Treats' from Amazon UK last Friday (6th June) and it arrived Sunday, absolutely love the CD, great songs, playing and singing, the special edition is amazing value for £16.61 plus delivery, you get 3 CD's (original CD, live CD and demo CD), a DVD, Mike Portnoy's studio diary booklet, a dod tag, a patch and a wine stopper, see my pic below :)

[url="http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/madshadows1/IMGP1267_zps10a89587.jpg"]http://i129.photobuc...zps10a89587.jpg[/url]

John
[/quote]

And they throw in the PJ bass too? Excellent value! ;)

I can't get into it, dunno why I love talas and mr big and the david lee roth stuff is my fave, but of his latest stuff I prefer niacin and solo stuff to WD, would love to see em live but cant get on listening to it in the house, like the talas and roth stuff. Im lovin listening to CPR coven pitrelli, o, reilly its brilliant

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1402494132' post='2474106']
Anyone going to see them this July?

I got tickets for the 8 July in London, I cant wait!
[/quote]

I want to but can't afford a ticket at the moment, hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket later this month :)

John

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1403773546' post='2486081']
Checked my diary and I'm off work all week from 7th July. Just checked if there were tickets left for Wolverhampton and there were so I'm going. Not seen Sheehan play since the Mr Big 'Lean into It' tour...
[/quote]

Excellent, I'm going to 101 gigs this year and seeing Winery Dogs on the 8th July is the one I'm looking forward to the most!

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1403813037' post='2486811']
Got my ticket for wolvo, have been listening to Richie Kotzen's solo work. Absoloutely screaming player!
So much talent for 20-odd quid a ticket, bargain!
[/quote]

I've never understood how he can play how he does buy playing with his fingers

[quote name='Weststarx' timestamp='1403862116' post='2487153']

I've never understood how he can play how he does buy playing with his fingers
[/quote]

Weird innit.

In an interview I saw he said he plays finger style after having a particularly meh gig and wanted to set himself the challenge. Great all round musician in my book.

The other thing I like about Sheehan is when you see interviews with him about his approach and general playing is you don't all this mumbo jumbo psychobabble philosophy. He makes sense nearly all the time and has a rational reason as to why he's doing what he's doing and how, plus he can communicate it in a way that players of pretty much any ability can take on board. Don't ask me to try to emulate him though, bit of a one off!

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1403952969' post='2487978']
The other thing I like about Sheehan is when you see interviews with him about his approach and general playing is you don't all this mumbo jumbo psychobabble philosophy. He makes sense nearly all the time and has a rational reason as to why he's doing what he's doing and how, plus he can communicate it in a way that players of pretty much any ability can take on board. Don't ask me to try to emulate him though, bit of a one off!
[/quote]

This is what I love about Billy, he knows he's awesome yet he comes across so humble and down to earth.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1404683563' post='2494761']
Yup, I'm planning on going just as long as I get the gardening jobs out of the way during the day.
[/quote]

Sod the gardening jobs, Kev. Anyone would think you had just turned 50! (pokes tongue) :D :D

Guest bassman7755

Its nice to see a rock "super group" actually producing the goods, having some chemistry and writing some good songs unlike some other efforts in recent years (i'm looking at you chicken foot).

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1404684589' post='2494767']
Sod the gardening jobs, Kev. Anyone would think you had just turned 50! (pokes tongue) :D :D
[/quote]

There is a proper emoticon for poking tongue y'know :P maybe I'm not senile enough yet to miss it :lol:

Fair enough, I [i]am[/i] too senile to be thinking about getting involved with smartphones :happy: Gardening well and truly mastered and finished just before it started drizzling. So if any other basschatters spot the confused looking old bloke wandering around in a Stones 50th anniversary t-shirt it'll be me and you are allowed to get me a swift half in. Setting off in next 20 mins to avoid traffic and have something to eat on way.

I got to the Wolverhampton show, despite the best efforts of my guitarist who drove us there to get lost (a lesson there, never follow a guitarist :/). I thoroughly enjoyed it, a great show.

It's the first time I've ever seen Sheehan play. It's one thing to see him on a YouTube clip, something else to see him play in the flesh. Awesome.

And Kotzen, what a guy.