Why become a member? ×

FS: Peavey Grind NTB Neck thru 6 string "project". REDUCED TO £130
£200

Shockwave

Hey guys.

Due to personal problems I need to sell up some spare gear to help pay off debt. [b]This bass is only £130![/b]

I have a Peavey Grind NTB 6 string bass project. This is a neck thru bass with fairly narrow string spacing. It does have some play wear and a few dings and scratches. There is a small crack in the wood near the B string tuner but does not effect playability or sound, I imagine this could be repaired with some glue and a clamp. (I am told this a common problem with the Peavey Grind). There is also a small chunk taken off the end of the headstock, but does not effect the bass structurally.

Made in Vietnam!

The tuners look to be non original and in fairly poor condition (Missing washers), they do hold tune but looks like they have seen better days. I would recommend replacing them.

The bass was originally passive but has been converted into an active bass with some sort of Ibanez Pre-amp, however the pre-amp does not produce any sound, though electrical current is running through it. Could be a simple rewire job, whole new pre-amp or convert the whole thing to a passive setup as it was originally.

The truss rod is A-OK and the action is absolutely fine. This WILL be a lovely player with a proper set of strings and some care. The oil finish feels amazing!

[b]Pickup from Sutton or Wimbledon in London is MUCH preferred[/b]. At the moment I am not willing to post, though I may do in a few weeks time if it is still here.

So If you want to get a BRILLIANT Neck thru 6 string at a bargain price, that needs a "little" work. Then get in contact!

As the bass is a "Project" and needs work, I will only sell the bass "As is" and will not be accepting returns.

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1365966017' post='2046685']
there is a small crack in the wood near the B string tuner but does not effect playability, sound or is not structurally unstable.
[/quote]

Curious... Mine has exactly the same thing! I've had it for about 4 years now and it has not caused me any grief whatsoever :)

BTW to any prospective buyers: £200 is a brilliant price for one of these. I paid £280 for mine and that was without any upgrades. I'm assuming if you took out the preamp it would be exactly the same as a stock one?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1365966653' post='2046709']
Curious... Mine has exactly the same thing! I've had it for about 4 years now and it has not caused me any grief whatsoever :)

BTW to any prospective buyers: £200 is a brilliant price for one of these. I paid £280 for mine and that was without any upgrades. I'm assuming if you took out the preamp it would be exactly the same as a stock one?
[/quote]

Not sure if it is the original passive pots and such, this was all done before I received it. So you might need to get a new electrics harness! Pickups are original though!

• 3 weeks later...

My Status developed an identical crack to that, it was dead easy to fix. I got some Titebond 3 wood glue, diluted it with a little water so it was runny, and flooded the crack with it -- the capilliary attraction draws it in. Clamped it shut and a few hours later hey presto.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...