Why become a member? ×

I need a name for a funk band...

mcnach

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1365788017' post='2044639']
This thread is like deja vu!

My band (also soul/funk) had the same dilemma when we started, first name chosen was FUNKIT (already named here by someone) and there was the chance to play around with the words and make it FUN KIT (also mentioned here). In the end we decided to quit the FUNK or SOUL word games and we simply became GROOVES. What's funny about this thread is that i read the names of a lot of funk/soul bands that are actually playing right now here in Portugal, from memory i recal FUNKENSTEIN, FUNK OFF, FUNK U... there's really no much more room left for funk band names... stop thinking about it and call yourselfs a different thing. From your OP i would say "THE CATS".

Cheers
[/quote]

:lol: indeed, leaving the word funk out is the safest bet... almost any combination with funk in it has already been used, and if it hasn't, there's usually a good reason for it! :P

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1365872185' post='2045486']
[url="http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/chaylockyer/media/ChangoWebButton_zps8f863a4c.png.html"][/url]

How many points do we get? :) (Chango is Spanish for monkey...)
[/quote]

I had you in mind when I wrote "or logo" :lol:

Chango is monkey? In what country? (just curious, I am from Spain... but there are quite a lot of different words in the spanish we use in Spain or Argentina, Bolivia... sometimes with hilarious consequences :lol:)

I googled chango, and now I am suitably enlightened (definitely not in use in Spain)... but I also found other meanings. In particular, I loved this entry from the urban dictionary:

[quote]

A school that is part of Shenendehowa. Even though it's only an elementary school, it still has cliques.

Cliques include:

Popular kids: A bunch of immature snot nosed f***wits who think they own everything in the school.

Goths: A bunch of kids who masturbate to Good Charlotte, whilst slitting their wrists.

Wiggers: A bunch of kids who are white, but they think they are black.

Weird kids/nerds: The group of kids who look normal, but act "weird" according to the popular kids. This the group I was placed in.

Normal kids: Nothing special about them.

The teachers are mainly nice, but one of the gym teachers owns a riced out Scion xB.

In short, it's an okay school. Not the best, but okay.
[/quote]

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1365874143' post='2045527']
Lol, McNach is Spanish :D
[/quote]

Yes, but you ain'tent is yer? :D

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1365882345' post='2045662']
I had you in mind when I wrote "or logo" :lol:

Chango is monkey? In what country? (just curious, I am from Spain... but there are quite a lot of different words in the spanish we use in Spain or Argentina, Bolivia... sometimes with hilarious consequences :lol:)
[/quote]

Ah yes, sorry I should have qualified where it was used. :blush:[size=4] Is there a word for South/Central American Spanish? Latin Amerispanish maybe?[/size]

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1365883657' post='2045700']
Ah yes, sorry I should have qualified where it was used. :blush:[size=4] Is there a word for South/Central American Spanish? Latin Amerispanish maybe?[/size]
[/quote]

in my comprehensive (3min? :lol:) research, it seemed it was common in Northern Argentina and also in Mexico... and it was used in a variety of ways. It's always good to know. I had meant to ask you what a superchango was, now I have an idea :)
How did your band's name name come about?

I loved the suggestion of "The Mangetout experience" but now that Monkeys have been brought into to equation how about....

The Mangetout Monkeys

Or (Having learned Spanish a bit where I'm quite sure Monkey is Mono) The Mono Mangetout?

However, that implies you may never have a stereo sound....

Oh this is too hard.... I'll get my coat!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1365926012' post='2045934']
I loved the suggestion of "The Mangetout experience" but now that Monkeys have been brought into to equation how about....

The Mangetout Monkeys

Or (Having learned Spanish a bit where I'm quite sure Monkey is Mono) The Mono Mangetout?

However, that implies you may never have a stereo sound....

Oh this is too hard.... I'll get my coat!
[/quote]

The Mangetout Monkeys has a ring to it... :)