Why become a member? ×

April Mix Competition Stems CHOSEN!

51m0n

Chaps, if you have a song you'd like to hear mixed by a group of enthusiastic 14 year olds, well we can get as close to making that a reality as any secondary school...

If so please put a link to your song in this thread and be ready in case yours is chosen byt the winner of the March mix competition to upload the stems of the track so that we can get to it and mix it.

I've already had a coupl of offers but I'd love to do a Country track or some EDM as a total change of pace from what we've done already!

As always a huge thank you from all involved in the monthly mix comps!

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1364922704' post='2032711']Chaps, if you have a song you'd like to hear mixed by a group of enthusiastic 14 year olds, well we can get as close to making that a reality as any secondary school...[/quote]

That genuinely made me LOL :D Nice one Si.

Anyway, you heard the man people! Share your stems and receive a multitude of mixes in return. It's an offer you can't refuse...

Sad to see the choice is so limited.......

I am itching to do this again......please, someone offer something up.

I would if I could but record company copyright issues restrain me....

Edited by Twigman

I don't know the protocol behind these , but there is loads of stuff on [url="http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm"]this site [/url], I bought the book Skol recomended and this stuff comes as part of the resource , I haven't played with any of them yet . I think the competition aspect helps me at the minute so that I can get some feedback and comparison .

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1365207791' post='2036881']i'll have a word with a couple of artists i play for and see if they don't mind donating stems[/quote]
Great, let us know how you get on Chris - we're HUNGRY for stems here!!

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1365251064' post='2037193']I don't know the protocol behind these , but there is loads of stuff on [url="http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm"]this site [/url], I bought the book Skol recomended and this stuff comes as part of the resource , I haven't played with any of them yet . I think the competition aspect helps me at the minute so that I can get some feedback and comparison .[/quote]
Hope you're enjoying the book Lurks! I find it very useful myself. I think I've probably read it cover-to-cover twice (or more) and still refer to it often. Good value for money that one. Mike Senior knows his stuff :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1365346072' post='2038281']
Hope you're enjoying the book Lurks! I find it very useful myself. I think I've probably read it cover-to-cover twice (or more) and still refer to it often. Good value for money that one. Mike Senior knows his stuff :)
[/quote]

Yeah , cheers , The first read through takes a bit of thought as the techy stuff needs a lot of thinking about , but there is lots that I can relate to already . It seems that practicing to listen is vital , I know it is obvious when you know but it is a training process that has to be done . the actual techniques will eventually come good for me I am sure .

Ok well, Moonbass has asked me to choose a track since he is going to be tied up for the next coupl eof evenings (fnaaarrr!)

So I suggest we change tack and go for someone elses music for once, since no one on the site who has stems hasnt already put themselves forward once (much thanks).

I fell some really annoying country would seperate the men from the boys a bit this time, so I chose this lovely little ditty ([b]Uncle Dad: 'Who I Am'[/b]) from the Mixing Secrets website:-

[url="http://cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm#UncleDad"]http://cambridge-mt....tk.htm#UncleDad[/url]

Please download the zip files from there and get cracking!

I'll set up the official April Mix comp thread this evening. It may well be an April/May one since we are getting through this month at the rate of 24 hours a day, which clearly isnt enough....

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1365508146' post='2040401']I fell some really annoying country would seperate the men from the boys a bit this time, so I chose this lovely little ditty ([b]Uncle Dad: 'Who I Am'[/b]) from the Mixing Secrets website...[/quote]

Nice one Si! You are evil :lol: This is going to be fun...

Yes please.

The more varied the genre the better, the last thing I want to do is end up doing repeated mixes in the same genres, so far we've done a Reggae track, an Indie pop/rock anthem type of affair and a heaier type rock thing (my poor efforts at categorising arent helpful). The danger on a bass forum is we end up doing something in one of those three categories for ever. I want to try and get some hip hop, electronica, funk (old school preferably, the techniques of r capturing it are often quite 'guerrilla'), not to mention some break beats, dubstep or any other form of EDM in the mix.

But mainly I wanted to do country, because it is [i]really[/i] different from the previous ones...

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1365511824' post='2040476']
Nice one Si! You are evil :lol: This is going to be fun...
[/quote]

Heh wait till you've heard that country twang for a month, you'll be after my head on a platter!

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1365514437' post='2040538']
I'll definitely be having a crack this month, I know bugger all about mixing, but this seems like a good way to learn, although I'm not sure I'll be able to take a month of repeated country...
[/quote]

Good for you for having a go, if nothing else you may find a new way of listening to music, and different things to appreciate in your entire collection. Hopefully we'll be able to help you along too....

And I chose Country partly to see who has the mettle to cope wiht it (I am fearing for my sanity already :D )

It could be worse, I could have chosen Bebop :lol:

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1365518975' post='2040610']
I may well attempt this this month. I know naff all about mixing though :P haha.
[/quote]

To be fair , when the first mix competition was announced I didn't even understand the concept of mixing , let alone a competition , it has certainly opened my eyes on the subject , Oh , and my ears aswell ;)