Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi from Essex :-)

cb213

Hello All,

Just thought I'd say hello as I'm new to the BC forum - I've lurked a few times but thought I'd join proper as I really like the content and format.

Anyway I'm 40 years old and started playing bass when I was about 15 and played for about 15 years before having to stop playing due to a sports injury. After a 10 year hiatus, I've decided to get back into it again for fun after finding my old Hohner Jack bass round my parents. Gave it a dust-down, plugged it in, and the thing was almost in tune!

I've owned a variety of basses in the past (a Washburn 5-sting, and a couple of Arias), and am now thinking of getting a 2nd hand Warwick Corvette for £350 (this seems cheap given it's immaculate - I'm sure these used to hold their price)?

I'll leave it short and sweet - thanks in advance for reading.

Chris

[quote name='cb213' timestamp='1364733141' post='2030082']
Hello All,

Just thought I'd say hello as I'm new to the BC forum - I've lurked a few times but thought I'd join proper as I really like the content
and format.

<snip>

I've owned a variety of basses in the past (a Washburn 5-sting, and a couple of Arias), and am now thinking of getting a 2nd hand Warwick Corvette for £350 (this seems cheap given it's immaculate - I'm sure these used to hold their price)?
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, mate. Gear Acquisition Syndrome will now be your constant bedfellow. :D

And yes, that Corvette is pretty, but not favoured by the current fashion, hence £350 mates/basschat rates. It will be making it's way to you for a once-over tomorrow.

[quote name='cb213' timestamp='1364733141' post='2030082']

[/quote]

Welcome Chris,

Look out that the Warwick isnt a rockbass version, they are still good but not like the true warwicks. Also the pre-rockbass are the German made standard series, they too are cheaper but In my impression better than the Rockbass........I have one!
Anyway, you cant go wrong with any Bass with Warwick on it, good luck.

Cheers Leen.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1364916666' post='2032582']
Ah, I see - your log in name is altitudinal, not musical! :)
[/quote]

If it was altitudunal, it would be.........
Lowdowninthearesholeoftheworld. :lol:

I sold one of my Avalon U5's to someone in Benfleet about five years ago,
Was that you ?

Garry