Why become a member? ×

Can you tell what kind of guitar amp this is?

xilddx

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1364553905' post='2028039']
God, too much reverb! Bloke thinks he's Steve Vai!

Does sound pretty sweet though; I'm gonna go with a 1959 Fender TV Bluesmaster Mk. IV Hyper Mach III Ultra-Verb XXX 5150 Type V7.

Boss tweed obviously.

Truckstop
[/quote]

Warmish

Ok, since this little challenge has been so damn popular, I will give you the answer :)

[i]Strat with Lace pickups >[/i]

[i]Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay with Keely mod and set to analogue mode, Blackstar HT Dual valve distortion/overdrive >[/i]

[i]into the clean channel of a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10 2 channel valve amp with a THD Hot Plate [/i]

I sold the lot and got a POD X3 LIVE. Clearly that was the right thing to do :D

If you're going to use that many effects you may as well ;) Nice playing though Nige.

I've been quite enjoying noodling at home through Amplitube 3 lately with my Strat into an AC30 patch. It's not quite the same as the real thing, having owned one, but at practice volume it's not different enough for me to care. I tend to find the real test for digital stuff is when it has to compete with a full band rehearsal. I'd be interested to try a sansamp or pod in that situation, but considering you'd have to lug something to make it loud anyway I'm not sure I see the point when I already own a valve amp.

I can rarely tell what amps are being used unless they're totally clean with no fx. I can sometimes tell from the drive channel too (again if unaffected) but this is rarer. Nice playing there Nige, you're obviously no slouch on the guitar either.

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1365001749' post='2033957']
If you're going to use that many effects you may as well ;) Nice playing though Nige.

I've been quite enjoying noodling at home through Amplitube 3 lately with my Strat into an AC30 patch. It's not quite the same as the real thing, having owned one, but at practice volume it's not different enough for me to care. I tend to find the real test for digital stuff is when it has to compete with a full band rehearsal. I'd be interested to try a sansamp or pod in that situation, but considering you'd have to lug something to make it loud anyway I'm not sure I see the point when I already own a valve amp.
[/quote]

I gig my POD X3 direct to desk with both guitar and bass, and I just rely on the stage monitors. I use it for everything. I haven't gigged or recorded with an amp for a very long time. No issues.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1365002343' post='2033963']
I gig my POD X3 direct to desk with both guitar and bass, and I just rely on the stage monitors. I use it for everything. I haven't gigged or recorded with an amp for a very long time. No issues.
[/quote]

Couldnt really do that in the rehearsal rooms or venues I play (not that we gig often), the monitors are either non existent or shocking IME. Our rehearsal room's PA can barely handle vocals let alone guitar too...

I use a little 30 watt Peavey at the moment though so it's not too much hassle to cart.

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1365002630' post='2033969']
Couldnt really do that in the rehearsal rooms or venues I play (not that we gig often), the monitors are either non existent or shocking IME. Our rehearsal room's PA can barely handle vocals let alone guitar too...

I use a little 30 watt Peavey at the moment though so it's not too much hassle to cart.
[/quote]

Yeh that's fair enough, ours has Marshalls, Trace, Roland Jazz Chorus, Behringer .. So I always have something to go into at rehearsals.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1365001018' post='2033937']
Ok, since this little challenge has been so damn popular, I will give you the answer :)

[i]Strat with Lace pickups >[/i]

[i]Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay with Keely mod and set to analogue mode, Blackstar HT Dual valve distortion/overdrive >[/i]

[i]into the clean channel of a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10 2 channel valve amp with a THD Hot Plate [/i]
[/quote]

ooh, I was just going to say that!