Why become a member? ×

Best place for bass tabs

mike 110

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1362499056' post='2000215']
I use ultimate guitar and songster when I can't work bits of a song out.

I don't get why people get so hateful about tabs. As long as you understand they are unlikely to be perfect, then they make a great starting point.
[/quote] well said, they are a very useful resource to learn a song to jam with people, I do this and also when Im not learning songs Im learning relative pitch to hear intervals and train my ear, I just worked out the riff to running free by iron maiden , it may not be right though as just going by what I remember of the main gist of the song, if I was learning it to play with a band though i would get some guitar pro tabs off the net, then jam along to the audio once id learned it to see if it was ok. there are some good programs for relative pitch, learning rhythm and reading music on the iphone. so you can practise if youre stuck waiting somewhere

[quote name='hollywoodrox' timestamp='1364217118' post='2023252']
2nd this , if you havent got guitar pro you can also download Tux for mac linux or windows which is a great alternative to gp too.
[/quote]

+1 Although the application you mean is called TuxGuitar (Tux is the Linux penguin mascot).