Why become a member? ×

Bell Ahu bass

beerdragon

I like it.
At least they've tried something different in terms of aesthetic and pick-up layout. As BRX implied, it's a pity that their bass design begins and ends with the one model, and that they didn't extend the plexiglass approach into the bass, too.

As an Attitude owner, I bet the Model one (Neck) and J (Bridge) sounds nice, even if it does look a little odd. I find the Willpower (Neck) is excellent, and it's just a "fatter" Model One with wider polepiece spacing...
It's the Willpower P in the mid position I can't get sounding right.
I reckon a Twin Jazz (P Deluxe / Warwicks etc.) with a coil tap could be even better, plus it'd look better balanced visually.

I like it - but then I'm quite drawn to a bit of individuality.

It is a shame the plexi body wing designs aren't available in bass versions - and something of a missed opportunity, I feel - bassists frequently tend to be more open to non-traditional designs & construction materials than guitarists.

Jon.

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='204402' date='May 22 2008, 04:43 PM']Ahuuuuuuuu!!!! :)

I like the skull inlay, i wonder if they do it in any other colours? The stripe down the back of the neck looks very cool too.

i wouldn't pay a grand for it... even if i had the grand spare.[/quote]

Vintage mint/white to Emerald Green to an "Apple" sort of green would look cool.
A selection of coloured phenolic fretboards would be great;
White or Black alone would complement most schemes.

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

• 2 weeks later...