Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratts Warwick Bass ?

mike 110

Here's a demo of the bass by Ryan Martinie. Not the best sound quality and he starts the demo by doing his octave tap technique which doesn't sound right for this bass, but does play some nice melodic stuff towards the end. You'll get a rough idea of what the bass is like. Can't wait to try one myself and see how it compares to the Star 1 which I absolutely adore.

http://youtu.be/cBfEIdY3pso

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1360538445' post='1972142']
- I didn't like anything he played there! odd way to play. Maybe in his band it makes sense
[/quote]

I'm a big fan of Ryan's playing, but I have I admit I wasn't that fussed about the demo myself. He is usually a class bass player, but he has recently developed that octave slap thing. Works well with Mudvayne...probably not so much in this case. This has been the only demo I have come across so far.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1360536990' post='1972108']
Here's a demo of the bass by Ryan Martinie. Not the best sound quality and he starts the demo by doing his octave tap technique which doesn't sound right for this bass, but does play some nice melodic stuff towards the end. You'll get a rough idea of what the bass is like. Can't wait to try one myself and see how it compares to the Star 1 which I absolutely adore.

[media]http://youtu.be/cBfEIdY3pso[/media]
[/quote]
He needs a bass player. Why don't demonstrators actually play a decent bass line, rather than showing their asses? Nearly widdled myself laughing at his comment at the end. I was tempted to post a link to a photo of The Pretty Things, but his comment was irony enough.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm all i am getting from these warwick tv things is their new slogan...... "warwick the sound of fretbuzz"

the guy is a great technical player, but the recording is pathetic. have they just used the cameras built in mic pointed at the strings????

still though i would love to have a go of a star bass (single or double cut). they are really great looking basses

Abysmal... playing dare I say it?? Granted, maybe I don't get it personally, not my kind of thing but what a sh*te demo.

Luckily I've played a Warwick Star bass before to know that they are superb instruments that sound phenomenal, this one especially looks gorgeous but god, that is an absolutely appalling demo.

Edited by risingson

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1360536990' post='1972108']

[media]http://youtu.be/cBfEIdY3pso[/media]
[/quote]

God that really was a dreadful demo. Great bass though.