Why become a member? ×

I'm selling a bass, pics coming soon, make me an offer.

thumbo

[quote name='bengreen49' timestamp='1360699265' post='1975045']
I've got a pre AS (Armitage Shanks) era Bongo if you are interested in a trade.
[/quote]

:lol: So that's what they are! I live about a mile from Armitage Shanks and all this time i thought they were tiolet seats!!!

The market must be "flush" with white finish Bongo's!........TAXI!! :D

[quote name='bengreen49' timestamp='1360699265' post='1975045']
I've got a pre AS (Armitage Shanks) era Bongo if you are interested in a trade.
[/quote]

Thanks for allowing me to hi-jack this sales thread.
No, he doesn't want it.
I, however, will pay double price for one that AS haven't had their [s]filthy[/s] clean hands on.
Is it like this?

[IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/MMBongoprototype510_zpsbb1c95fa.jpg[/IMG]

PM'ed

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1360751846' post='1975727']
Thanks for allowing me to hi-jack this sales thread.
No, he doesn't want it.
I, however, will pay double price for one that AS haven't had their [s]filthy[/s] clean hands on.
Is it like this?

PM'ed

best,
bert
[/quote]

wow, a bass that's part bongo and part accordion!

Could you post up some pictures? Preferably leave the bass sweat-stained from when you last played it & didn't wipe it down. For the best effect, lay it down on your unmade bed for the photos. Piles of washing in the background are always a good selling point too.

'can't send the bass or courier it as it's too fragile and could get damaged despite the fact that it was made in a factory in the far east then sent by truck a few hundred miles to a port where it was put on a big ship then delivered to a a port in europe then transported by lorry to a depot in europe then put on another lorry which crossed the Channel by ship to Dover then carried to another distribution depot then put on another lorry who delivered it to the shop where i bought it.'

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1360799041' post='1976879']
wow, a bass that's part bongo and part accordion!
[/quote]

Emoticons don't suffice! ROTFLOL!!!!

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1360859014' post='1977553']
'can't send the bass or courier it as it's too fragile and could get damaged despite the fact that it was made in a factory in the far east then sent by truck a few hundred miles to a port where it was put on a big ship then delivered to a a port in europe then transported by lorry to a depot in europe then put on another lorry which crossed the Channel by ship to Dover then carried to another distribution depot then put on another lorry who delivered it to the shop where i bought it.'
[/quote]

Sooo funny, and soooooooooo true!

b,
b

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1360859014' post='1977553']
[/quote]

To be fair it got an awesome relic job in the process.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1360882616' post='1978003']
To be fair it got an awesome relic job in the process.
[/quote]

I think that the relic'd ones are made under strict quality control in a dust free atmosphere and polished to a high gloss before being attacked with an angle grinder and hammer, thrown down some concrete stairs before being chucked out of a top floor window and towed a mile behind a lorry down a dusty road before being carefully packed in bubble wrap and placed in a cardboard box with polystyrene chips to protect the instrument from any damage. :)

Original 1960s Jazz Bass for sale. This bass is totally original. The body was Candy Apple Red but had started to look a bit tired when i bought it so i had it stripped and had it refinished in Arctic White. The neck was warped so was replaced with one from a later Jazz Bass and a new decal applied. The pots were crackly so i got a luthier to put new ones in at the same time he replaced the pups because i didn't like the way it sounded. Now it sounds just like a Precision should sound. The pickguard was going a mint green sort of colour so i picked up a replacement on ebay. Now it's a nice shiny white colour and looks good with the new control plate and knobs fitted. With the new tuners fitted now it looks and plays great. You won't find another one like this in a hurry.