Why become a member? ×

Remove please.

Antiloco

I asked for this thread o be deleted. I really don't feel like sharing anything with you right now, not after being criticized by people like uncle psychosis and after hearing his band. It gives quite a good picture of the kind of people who likes talking about art as entertainment.

Cheers.

[quote name='Inti' timestamp='1360108087' post='1965099']
I asked for this thread o be deleted. I really don't feel like sharing anything with you right now, not after being criticized by people like uncle psychosis and after hearing his band. It gives quite a good picture of the kind of people who likes talking about art as entertainment.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing to hamming it up on the Southbank Show sometime, Melvyn Bragg will be quaking in his boots trying to comprehend your mind of sheer musical genius. Hopefully us poor sods might learn a thing or two!

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1360108255' post='1965103']

Looking forward to seeing to hamming it up on the Southbank Show sometime, Melvyn Bragg will be quaking in his boots trying to comprehend your mind of sheer musical genius. Hopefully us poor sods might learn a thing or two!
[/quote]
And you are?

[quote name='Inti' timestamp='1360108087' post='1965099']
[/quote]

Please quote the post where I criticised you.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1360107268' post='1965084']
I never understood the "you're just jealous" argument (it comes up a lot when discussing people like John Mayer). It just doesn't make sense---I love all sorts of bands that are a million times more talented, richer, more critically acclaimed, and better looking than I will [i]ever[/i] be, but yeah, they're absolutely right, I don't like the youtube video of some random dude playing in his bedroom because I'm jealous :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Oh, I think it's perfectly understandable to dislike something without being jealous of it. And thinking that all criticism is just jealously is nuts. BUT...there are people will love to hate and give them the opportunity to do it behind a computer screen without consequence and they'll take it. And sometimes, the better the poster is than them, the bigger they feel by attacking it. Again, not always -- but sometimes. At any rate, I was clear that wasn't the case here. No one was bashing the OP. There were a few comments regarding the music choice and that got him in a snit.

Something has gone seriously awry here if Inti feels such hostility towards himself that he has asked for his video to be taken down . I saw his clip and I thought it was in a different class of technical ability to most others I have seen . The chap is clearly a very accomplished player and deserves some respect for that . It might not be everybodies cup of tea - it not really my favourite genre of music either , to be honest - but if he can play to that level I don't doubt Into could master most any style or genre he liked . Bear in mind that English isn't his first language either , so the intricacies of some of the criticism and comments aimed at him on here might be slightly lost on him , too . Can't help but think he has been given a raw deal here .

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360109729' post='1965123']

Oh, I think it's perfectly understandable to dislike something without being jealous of it. And thinking that all criticism is just jealously is nuts. BUT...there are people will love to hate and give them the opportunity to do it behind a computer screen without consequence and they'll take it. And sometimes, the better the poster is than them, the bigger they feel by attacking it. Again, not always -- but sometimes. At any rate, I was clear that wasn't the case here. No one was bashing the OP. There were a few comments regarding the music choice and that got him in a snit.
[/quote]
Stop it right here and this may well be the last time I post outside the sell buy section.

I had NEVER any problem with people not liking what I do. The problem began when people refused to respect my view of art not being entertainment. If you failed to notice that, well that says a lot about your reading comprehension and about your participation in his thread. I totally respect people not liking this kind of music but trying to put skill down by talking about feeling and playing garage style bass is quite offensive in my world.

Edited by Inti

[quote name='Lowender' timestamp='1360109729' post='1965123']
[/quote]

I agree with you. :)

Storming off in a huff because a couple of strangers on the internet said "good chops, but not my cup of tea" is quite impressive, really.

[quote name='Inti' timestamp='1360110025' post='1965126']
Stop it right here and this may well be the last time I post outside the sell buy section.

I had NEVER any problem with people not liking what I do. The problem began when people refused to respect my view of art not being entertainment. If you failed to notices that, well that says a lot about your reading comprehension and about your participation in his thread.
[/quote]

Why should anyone respect your views when you've repeatedly called many of the players on this site "clowns" and even "whores"? You don't seem to have any respect for us, why should we give it to you?

[quote name='Inti' timestamp='1360110025' post='1965126']The problem began when people refused to respect my view of art not being entertainment.[/quote]

Not being able to see the video because it's been flounced I'm left wondering whether the problem began with the OP not seeing it as a problem that other BCers held a different view to his & he had a problem with that.
Or am I crazy?

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1360110280' post='1965132']

Why should anyone respect your views when you've repeatedly called many of the players on this site "clowns" and even "whores"? You don't seem to have any respect for us, why should we give it to you?
[/quote]

I hope you are joking. When have I said that any member is that? Are you sick?