Why become a member? ×

Recommended Amp Techs

BOD2

For anyone down Cornwall way, I can heartily recommend Chris at Tube n Truss, based in St Dennis if you have a vintage amp. Chris did an amazing job on my old Marshall Super Bass (https://fb.watch/jJq8aOm8ei/), which I'd still be using if a Covid-induced funds deficit hadn't necessitated selling it. https://www.facebook.com/tubentruss

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any amp tech recommendations for North West/Manchester?

Usually use Roland Lumby but he only takes on valve work now.  Dave Lunt seems to have retired from what i gather :(

Its a hybrid Fender Bassman that needs a new volume pot as it has sheared off.  Looks like the post go straight into the board so could be a big job :(

Edited by Pow_22

Following my above post i can now fully recommend Mike Powell (MPAV Services) of Bolton - www.mpavservice.co.uk.  Mainly a hifi type repair man but he does take on guitar amps (when i dropped my amp off he had a few Trace combos in his workshop).  Completed my repair - new volume pot and 4 new output jacks - on my bassman in 2 days at a very reasonable cost and to a great standard.  Definitely recommend for any fellow North West BCers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a Phil Jones Bass Cub II. Unfortunately, it is producing a hiss noise as soon as I plug a cable. Any suggestions? If this a technical problem can someone give me advice of a good repair shop, preferably in north London?

Thanks in advance.

Nuno

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

Anyone know of a PA repair company in the Northwest of England?    Volume drop on one of a pair of Mackie, SRM450 mkii's.    Be great  to get it sorted, but struggling to find anyone who undertakes this kind of work up here. 

Suggestions gratefully received!! 

Thanks

Ian

2 minutes ago, Pirellithecat said:

Hi, 

Anyone know of a PA repair company in the Northwest of England?    Volume drop on one of a pair of Mackie, SRM450 mkii's.    Be great  to get it sorted, but struggling to find anyone who undertakes this kind of work up here. 

Suggestions gratefully received!! 

Thanks

Ian

As above Mike at MPAV services Bolton take on all sorts of audio stuff, hifi, PA right through to Guitar/bass amps.  Highly recomended

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pirellithecat said:

Thanks POW_22   - I've been in touch with mike and it all looks promising.   Excellent ... many thanks for the contact.

No problem, he did a superb job on my Fender Bassman and his workshop had all sorts of eclectic musical equipment dotted round

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/07/2023 at 18:59, TheGreek said:

I had to collect my Spector from Mal Crawley in Stevenage today. 

Arthritis in his hands has forced him to stop repairing Amps, etc.

I'd just like to send my thanks to Mal for the work he's done for me in the past. 

Sad to hear that Mick.

• 3 months later...

I've had my Sonic Farm 2idi stop working . 

The XLR line out , XLR DI , and 1/4" unbalanced out , are all dead . 

The 1/4" thru still works , and I can still use the aux and headphone mini jacks - so still use it for practicing . 

I'm having a real headache trying to find anyone local to me (East Anglia) , who'll touch it . 

I've E mailed Sonic Farm direct , but they've not replied . 

Anyone on here know of someone who's local to me - and trustworthy , as I've been ripped off in the past . 

Thanks