Why become a member? ×

New Ashdown Website, and products

RandomBass

Just noticed this, whilst busy at work ;)

Looks like Ashdown have launched their new website - which also has new products on it, including lightweight 400W ABM combos. Looks like its class D taking over in ABM now, which started with the new 1000 and 2000 W heads. I wonder how long the ABM500 will last before that gets the same treatment....?

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1359113688' post='1950019']
Just wish they show more specs on their products specifically Freq Range and Sensitivity on their cabs. I've been thinking about getting a Mi10 for small gigs and home practise with the shuttle but i don't know if it will have enough highs (or lows)...
[/quote]

Yeah I'm with you on that one. That's one area they should have got sorted, a great opportunity missed. It's almost like they are afraid to put them up there. Take a leaf out of some of the other manufacturers which offer very comprehensive product details and specification, not just the usual marketing blurb.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1359113688' post='1950019']
Just wish they show more specs on their products specifically Freq Range and Sensitivity on their cabs. I've been thinking about getting a Mi10 for small gigs and home practise with the shuttle but i don't know if it will have enough highs (or lows)...
[/quote]

The Mi10 has plenty of range and will handle whatever you want to throw at it.

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1359194218' post='1951284']
says on the site they will be "uploading loads more information" so I guess there's more detail on its way. Probably find their marketing team is all at NAMM! I'd like to know the dimensions and weight of the new neo range.
[/quote]

I hadn't noticed that, so fair play to them. Thanks for pointing that out.

I notice from your sig you have a BB2024X - what are your impressions of it, if you don't mind me asking? I recently bought a BB414 on BC and it is the easiest player I've ever had. I thought my Jazz was good until I played the 414. And what a fabulously versatile sound too - ideal for all those different covers my band does. I'm toying with the idea of a 1024 - so what does the 2024 bring? (apart from an empty wallet in my case lol)

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by RandomBass

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1359221472' post='1951852']
I hadn't noticed that, so fair play to them. Thanks for pointing that out.

I notice from your sig you have a BB2024X - what are your impressions of it, if you don't mind me asking? I recently bought a BB414 on BC and it is the easiest player I've ever had. I thought my Jazz was good until I played the 414. And what a fabulously versatile sound too - ideal for all those different covers my band does. I'm toying with the idea of a 1024 - so what does the 2024 bring? (apart from an empty wallet in my case lol)

Cheers

Geoff
[/quote]

Hi Geoff. Well i'm still in my honeymoon period with it - but its simply a staggeringly good bass from every perspective. However its really the tone that sets it apart. Looks identical to its cousins - but whats under the hood is quite different. There's loads of marketing guff about it on the yamaha site - but the upshot is its hand-built and the wood has been treated in various ways to make it more resonant. I think the pups are upgraded etc. Honestly couldn't say which of these upgrades makes the most impact - or maybe its just the sum of its parts. To be honest I suspect you wouldn't notice much difference between 1024 & 2024 just to pick them up in a shop. But when you plug it in, you really know where you're money's going. I don't think I've ever played a better sounding bass. Still grinning 2 months later (despite the empyty wallet). Well worth a trip somehere to try one out B)

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1359228476' post='1951988']
Hi Geoff. Well i'm still in my honeymoon period with it - but its simply a staggeringly good bass from every perspective. However its really the tone that sets it apart. Looks identical to its cousins - but whats under the hood is quite different. There's loads of marketing guff about it on the yamaha site - but the upshot is its hand-built and the wood has been treated in various ways to make it more resonant. I think the pups are upgraded etc. Honestly couldn't say which of these upgrades makes the most impact - or maybe its just the sum of its parts. To be honest I suspect you wouldn't notice much difference between 1024 & 2024 just to pick them up in a shop. But when you plug it in, you really know where you're money's going. I don't think I've ever played a better sounding bass. Still grinning 2 months later (despite the empyty wallet). Well worth a trip somehere to try one out B)
[/quote]

Thanks for this. Certainly plenty of food for thought. Once I have rationalised my current gear glut (lol) I shall have a clearer picture of my financials ;)

Edited by RandomBass

Hey Guys,

The new website is far from complete and we will be getting far more detailed specs/information and videos up there as soon as we can. It's been a hell of a lot of work transferring info from the old site over Christmas and adding all the new gear before we flew out to Namm a couple of weeks ago. Please remember we are a small family company consisting of only 10 people in total so it is lots of late nights and all hands on deck with these kind of things, plus we have just been out at the Namm show and got back just a couple of days ago. Any feedback/comments welcome and we hope you like the new site

Cheers Lee @ Ashdown

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1359630847' post='1957760']
As soon as I saw the new web site I thought, wow, that looks good. I appreciate you have lots to do still, which can only mean it's going to be stunning.
Good work chaps.
Geoff
[/quote]

Thanks Geoff, it's been a ton of work but we're getting there!